Sign in to follow this  
Sil3nc3

Autopilot Problem...Possibly

Hello, I would like to start off by thanking PMDG and the beta testers who put the hard work into this airplane, it is absolutely beautiful and it is by far the best $70 I have spent in a while and I look forward to the expansion packs. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing what I have been experiencing with this aircraft. I program everything into the FMC correctly, I climb without an issue, but the main problem I noticed with LNAV and VNAV enabled while I cruise is that the airplane seems to rock left and right (it stays on course though) and there isn't an issue flying the route, it is just that it will rock into random 5-10 degree banks then do the same to the left, then level out and repeat the pattern again. The aircraft has no issue maintaining the altitude. If any of you have had this issue and know if a fix that would be great! Other than that, no issue flying it, I am currently enroute from Salt Lake to Atlanta in the -800 and it is flying beautifully (with the exception of that one problem). I understand it was just released and nothing will be perfect obviously. Thanks for any input, Joseph

Alright, I will. The only problem with that is that I am flying on VATSIM where I need/should have real world weather on and turbulence. I'd prefer to be able to fly with it on like any other addon. Any other suggestions?

You can have real weather, just disable turbulence through FSUIPC.You'll still get some bumps through rough weather.

Ah, I see. How would I go about doing that, I have never done that before.

The above is called S-Turning and/or AutoPilot Hunting and happens because of the extreme sensitivity of PMDG Aircraft and Unrealistic way FSX simulates Turbulence. The only way to get rid of the problem is described at the link below. http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1