Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Bought the NGX the day it was released...

...and have since then just enjoyed her beauty both on the outside and inside trying to startup the engines, testing all systems etc etc without even taxi her but today I decided to try a first very short testflight. Started her up from a cold & dark state and took off from KBFI and flew her by hand for about 15-20 mins just to get to know her and "feel" her and then went back to KBFI and touched down with a big smile on my face :( Been simming for the last +10 years flying both PMDG a/c and other developer's a/c mostly advanced panels but must say the NGX really is in it's own legaue !! Except for when I had the chance to fly a B737 in a real full-motion sim at SAS Flight Academy a couple of years ago I never experienced a more true and almost frightening feeling of actually flying the a/c and beeing inside it for real and I almost felt my pulse increase when I was about to put here down on the rwy again but all went perfect and now I will sleep very good !! Tomorrow morning I'll pay a visit to my local post office to pick up a new TrackIR 5 with a TrackClip Pro and I can hardly wait to try that out with the NGX making it even more amazing I'm sure! Can't see why the rest of my family isn't as happy about the rainy and a bit chilly weather here in Sweden as I am :( You've come up with one amazing simulated a/c PMDG, not the first one but definitely the most impressive one so far and although we all know it took a while to say the least before it was released it was well worth the wait...in a word...amazing !!

Richard Åsberg

...and have since then just enjoyed her beauty both on the outside and inside trying to startup the engines, testing all systems etc etc without even taxi her but today I decided to try a first very short testflight. Started her up from a cold & dark state and took off from KBFI and flew her by hand for about 15-20 mins just to get to know her and "feel" her and then went back to KBFI and touched down with a big smile on my face smile.png Been simming for the last +10 years flying both PMDG a/c and other developer's a/c mostly advanced panels but must say the NGX really is in it's own legaue !! Except for when I had the chance to fly a B737 in a real full-motion sim at SAS Flight Academy a couple of years ago I never experienced a more true and almost frightening feeling of actually flying the a/c and beeing inside it for real and I almost felt my pulse increase when I was about to put here down on the rwy again but all went perfect and now I will sleep very good !! Tomorrow morning I'll pay a visit to my local post office to pick up a new TrackIR 5 with a TrackClip Pro and I can hardly wait to try that out with the NGX making it even more amazing I'm sure! Can't see why the rest of my family isn't as happy about the rainy and a bit chilly weather here in Sweden as I am wink.png You've come up with one amazing simulated a/c PMDG, not the first one but definitely the most impressive one so far and although we all know it took a while to say the least before it was released it was well worth the wait...in a word...amazing !!
Thanks for posting. Thrilled you're enjoying it! I know what you mean about full motion sims. Years ago, I had an opportunity to fly an MD-11 sim for a few hours, and it was incredibly convincing, despite sub-par graphics out the window.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

This plane is simply fantastic! The best VC I have ever seen and hand flying is a breeze. The bar has officially been set.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

very well said WebMaximus. I literally spent hours and hours this weekend just hand flying in great big circles going from the VC to external views just plain enjoying every inch. (autopilot for the external views of course). At one point in a 180 turn, I had to look twice but there were cloud shadows (perhaps just a technique but still) on some of the instruments!! Changed the time to late dusk and flew with all the LCDs dimmed primarily with the HGS. And the sounds are the icing. I had to turn down the sub wof because the low rumble bass on decent was a bit too dominant for my ears. I could go on and on but I'm going back for a quick fix!! Love it. Thanks to all PMDG team members. Again.