Sign in to follow this  
frank1223

Is it worth getting the Saitek Yoke for the NGX now?

Hello, I have been using the saitek evo for years. And now I think it might be a good time to upgrade it as the PMDG NGX has came out and the saitek evo just doesn't conrol like a 737 or any Boeing...LOL.gifSo, can anybody tell me anything about their Yoke, whether it's worth or not? Are they well made? Is it currently the best yoke?(I know there are more expensive one, but I can't afford them!) Cheers,Frank

Z. C

I like it. Much better than my previous CH yoke

I love my saitek yoke. It's solid, feels great. I've only had mine 2 years I'm sure others have had some longer but it hasn't seem to have worn much in that time. I try to fly every weekend and usually succeed so it's seen a decent amount of use. The fact that it's also a USB hub and can be expanded upon with gauges and stuff (tho I don't have any of that) is pretty cool too.

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I always had the CH Products and now I own the Saitek Yoke/Throttle combo, Addon USB Throttle quadrant, MultiPanel, RadioPanel, Switch Panel, Pro Pedals and soon the BIP panel. Unfortunately, most of the Multi Panel/Switch Panel don't really work with the NGX right now but for any other aircraft I love them.

Hello, Is the Y-axis on the Saitek Yoke (which you push and pull) still very smooth? Is there any lag during it's action? Thanks for your reply.

Z. C

Guest jahman

If that's the reason you want to get a new yoke, you save yourself the money and get some Dupont Silicone with Teflon lube: 2 cans for $5 from Amazon. Apply every six months, works like a charm. Best five bucks you'll ever spend. Cheers, - jahman.

I've been using the Saitek yoke and pedals throughout the whole alpha and beta testing of the NGX. The combo worked like a charm for me.

Guest jahman
I've been using the Saitek yoke and pedals throughout the whole alpha and beta testing of the NGX. The combo worked like a charm for me.
As a gamma customer, I'm quite happy with my CH Products yoe, pedals and throttles. Cheers, -jahman.

I was very disappointed by Saitek.You think CH is better? Smoother?

I was very disappointed by Saitek.You think CH is better? Smoother?
If you want smooth control column action, the Saitek Yoke beats the CH in all counts. The pedals are more realistic too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jahman

Never had a problem with my CH Products gear, built solid as a rock (including the driver.) Did have a minor annoyance with "elevator stickiness" that disappeared once I applied the Dupont Silicone + Teflon lube I mentioned. Something to consider for the serious simmer is that your pots will eventually fail. In this regard CH uses standard pots you can get at Radio Shack, while Saitek I understand uses miniature pots that are hard to locate and install (according to posts I have read on this forum). FWIW, CH Products manufactures an extensive line of industrial joysticks and trackballs, so they know what they're doing. Cheers, - jahman.

I like it. Much better than my previous CH yoke
+1 smile.png

Never had a problem with my CH Products gear, built solid as a rock (including the driver.) Did have a minor annoyance with "elevator stickiness" that disappeared once I applied the Dupont Silicone + Teflon lube I mentioned. Something to consider for the serious simmer is that your pots will eventually fail. In this regard CH uses standard pots you can get at Radio Shack, while Saitek I understand uses miniature pots that are hard to locate and install (according to posts I have read on this forum). FWIW, CH Products manufactures an extensive line of industrial joysticks and trackballs, so they know what they're doing. Cheers, - jahman.
I'm in Austria, jahman. Not States. But thanks for the suggestion for this spray. There are more products, since not sure, I think I'll skip it...

Guest jahman
I'm in Austria, jahman. Not States. But thanks for the suggestion for this spray. There are more products, since not sure, I think I'll skip it...
Word Not Allowed, Amazon will ship it to your doorstep, and it's really so cheap! It really is a lot better than just silicone sprays because it also contains Teflon powder (invented by DuPont, as in the plastic surface of non-stick frying pans). It really is a game changer! Cheers, - jahman.

I had CH yoke & pedals for years. Never really liked them that much. Also had issues with them after the 1st year. Now have Saitek. MUCH better feel and quality. BEWARE though... The Saitek yokes are obviously either made under licence by variopus manufacturers, or they've changed quality. I've seen both metal and plastic variants in the UK. If you can buy from a store, you'll get to see first.