Sign in to follow this  
Martin Harasimowicz

Performance on 1st gen Core-I's?

Hi guys, Just wondering, what sort of performance do you achieve with your first gen core i7's? I have one and i've heard some bad reports about the way they handle this aircraft. I would like to know before i buy this big boy wednesday! Thanks!

There are folks running Core 2's who are happy! Anyway, which i7? It literally comes down to clock speed with the i7s. My 960 would have handled the NGX just fine!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Performance is great for me. Really complex scenery such as a hi-fi Orbx airport slows down a lot obviously, but it's still what I would deem acceptable. I run the external frame limiter locked at 32 FPS and in non-complex scenery it tends to stay maxed-out, or maybe slow down a little if I pan around the VC. In Orbx YMML V2 it hovers around 20 FPS, with dips to 15 or so. Higher would always be great but given the plane and scenery detail I'm not complaining. I run autogen on dense (could handle very and extremely dense no problem if I stayed away from really complex scenery), with no traffic, at 1680 x 1050 with 4x SS anti-aliasing. Hardware specs are listed in my signature. Cheers, Mike Gibson

Performance is great for me. Really complex scenery such as a hi-fi Orbx airport slows down a lot obviously, but it's still what I would deem acceptable. I run the external frame limiter locked at 32 FPS and in non-complex scenery it tends to stay maxed-out, or maybe slow down a little if I pan around the VC. In Orbx YMML V2 it hovers around 20 FPS, with dips to 15 or so. Higher would always be great but given the plane and scenery detail I'm not complaining. I run autogen on dense (could handle very and extremely dense no problem if I stayed away from really complex scenery), with no traffic, at 1680 x 1050 with 4x SS anti-aliasing. Hardware specs are listed in my signature. Cheers, Mike Gibson
You're basically at the gate flipping switches so it doesn't really matter i suppose

You're basically at the gate flipping switches so it doesn't really matter i suppose
Well, I would say the opposite actually. At the gate, sure - a high frame rate doesn't matter so much - but takeoff and landing are the times when I would most appreciate a really smooth frame rate since there is a lot going on. Cheers, Mike Gibson

i run on a i7 920 clocket to 4 ghz.no problems its runs great

i run on a i7 920 clocket to 4 ghz.no problems its runs great
what other addons are you running and how many FPS are you getting if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm on the original 920 with C0 stepping (not the best choice for high overclocks) with an OC of 3.4 (that's about max to remain stable for me) and am having great performance BUT, I use all photoscenery and 0 autogen and have water turned off as well. Though I do switch to Orbx PNW scenery on occasion and have acceptable performance while using that, although I have NOT tried using the NGX as I usually leave that for bush style flying.

Evan im running REX and GEX europe and USA ULTIMATE TRAFFIC wiht 30%traffic and a lot of airports from aerosoft and uk2000.i also bougt ORBX and som airports like brisbane.i have from 15-50 fps everywhere i dont use fps limiter.you are welcomesmile.png to ask for more if you like. ps:i also use a 10000 rpm disk and a gtx 580.there is only one airport i dont use uk2000 heattrow it is eating my pc for breakfest that is really a fps hitter.

I think you'll be more than fine I'm on an ancient amd Athlon x2 6000+ and a 9800gtx and it's definitely fly able with ultimate traffic 2 and Rex 2 to me. 15-20 fps.

Pretty much everyone on the PMDG development team has a 1st gen i7. RSR has a 965, I have an 860, Vin has a 920 etc. None of us have performance issues. Vangelis has an even older Core 2 Quad even.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

RYAN MAZIARZ. now we are talking preformance how the heck did you guys do it.your 737 is much more nice than ifly,s 737 and it even running better im very impressed wiht thati just love all the details in the cockpit i think your 737 is amazing and the sound what can i say topclass all the way.just look at the flap sound.i cut go on for weeks just telling you how wonderfull this aircraft is.70$ is really not exprensive if you look at the quality of the aircraft.i think many of us is more than happy with your 737. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif