Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

A good Twin Engine Turboprop for FSX

Hi All, I am looking at getting a good Twin Engine (or single Engine) aircraft for FSX. Freeware or Payware is fine and something that has a good lot of repaints...... I dont want something too precise like the PMDG J41 but something that is realistic and again that has a good amount of repaints available, there are so many out there I suppose I want to whittle down a bit. I was looking at the Flight1 Pilatus PC12 or maybe the Real Air Beech Duke. BTW I wanted to use the GPS500 with it if possible as this is the one I am used to :) I am looking at flying into a few regional airports etc hence why I thought it would be good to try some smaller aircraft. Many thanks in advance for anyones thoughts here............

The Real Air Turbine Duke is excellent, but I don't think that there are very many repaints available. That may change as the paint kit was released fairly recently. The Carenado Grand Caravan is another single engine turbine plane you may want to consider. Why not the JS41? It is a blast to fly - especially if you combine it with FS2Crew - and there are many repaints for it.

Another vote for The Duke,It's incredible!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest jahman
Another vote for The Duke,It's incredible!!
Yeah! (And never mind whether repaints are available). Cheers, - jahman.

lionheart klondike....there must be at least 50 repaints out there. its a single turbo prop. a real bush plane (STOL). only about $24. glass cockpit.

Lionheart makes two turbo singles, the Kodiak stol bush plane and the Epic six seater exec. The Klondike is an ice cream bar laugh.png

Real Air Duke for sure and the Aerosoft Twin Otter is another good one.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Depends on sizeGA = Real air Duke turbine or normal Dukemedium = PMDG J41 These are the BEST by miles...!

I would go for the RealAir Turbine Duke, it is fantastic. A great plus over the piston version is the fact you can use fields as short as 1000ft.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

So many thanks gents, its almost unaimous then, Realair or PMDG...hmmm read some reviews and you are all spot on, again many thanks indeed everyone for your invaluable input and help :):)

Guest jahman
I would go for the RealAir Turbine Duke, it is fantastic. A great plus over the piston version is the fact you can use fields as short as 1000ft. G
That's exactly why I got it, so I can fly in and out of those wonderful smal fields Bill Womack designs, like Plum Island. Cheers, - jahman.

Once you've got your Turbine Duke installed - consider upgrading to the RealityXP GNS530W..then you have the perfect IFR platform.

Bert