Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

NGX does not regognize Coffs Harbor

I can not input the ICAO YSCH into the destination. I checked the Airport DAT file in the navigation folder an it is not there. I know there was a promotion picture of the NGX at Coffs harbor. Any ideas.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This could be an AIRAC issue. but YCFS is the current ICAO for Coffs Harbour, and YSCH is what FSX thinks it is (this changed back in 2008 or so) Trent H

Hi Mike, I just loaded up a flight plan from YCFS to YSCB and can report that I did not have a CTD when I entered YCFS. Just to note I'm using the ORBX airports. *Edited to correct airport*

Hi Mike, I just loaded up a flight plan from YFCS to YSCB and can report that I did not have a CTD when I entered YFCS. Just to note I'm using the ORBX airports.
Try YCFS....!

Hi, Thats why I should never stay up late playing FS. I meant to put YCFS in my original post. I should really go to bed!

Actually I did have a freeze when I was playing with the FMC arrival into YCFS, so let me know what happens.

I know with for the 747 the FlyTampa KaiTak airport the airport info and sids and stars had to be manually entered into the airport.dat file and the sids and stars file. I would have thought that PMDG had given the latest AIRAC file with these ICAO updates in the release. I wonder about entering the data in manually or downloading the latest AIRAC file.

Mike Keigley

I just entered YCFS into the CDU and I did not have crash, yet. I do not know why I got the crash but I have several CTDs after imputing into the CDU. Hopefully they will find a fix.

Mike Keigley

Is anyone else getting this error?
that the FMC does not recognize YSCH? yes, got the same last night. glad I found this post, will try YCFS instead. wondering though why Orbx markets the scenery under YSCH then, possibly because this how it's known in FSX... now just wish me luck that I don't get any freezes when feeding the FMC with the new code...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

interesting issue ill check it out too, any of you guys get CTDS often making flights in orbx AU

interesting issue ill check it out too, any of you guys get CTDS often making flights in orbx AU
basically no. got 2 yesterday at cairns but only after I messed with my fsx.cfg and set the bufferpool=0 as someone recommended. set it back to =1 and all fine. of course that could have been also a coincidence. but nonetheless, no other CTDs besides that and none since I reverted back to bufferpools=1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

now just wish me luck that I don't get any freezes when feeding the FMC with the new code...
works great. just programming that fmc for another trip to ybcs

Phil Leaven