Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

Do you Really Need Speedbrakes VIDEO?

Hey all. Here is another demo video. First it starts off by demonstrating a NADP2 departure. The second part is to show you that you do not really need speedbrakes to get back in the game. The third part is demonstrating the autobrake and how well PMDG simulated it and its accuracy. If you take a look at the deceleration distance formula: 1/2 X (speed in feet per second) X (time to decelerate to 0). So in my case my Vref speed is 142 which is a 240 feet per minute rate of speed. The autobrake 3 setting decelerates the 737 at a rate of 7 feet per second. So the time to decelerate to 0 is approximately 34 seconds. So.... 1/2 X 240 X 34 = 4080 feet. So as soon as the wheels touch down and braking begins it should take 4080 feet to stop. I touched down 1500 feet down the runway so you have to add this to the 4080 feet. So that is about 5600. After doing the calculations you can see on this chart where I stopped and where I SHOULD have stopped. There is a difference of maybe 2-300 feet. Damn fine job PMDG! Runway.PNG VIDEO TO COME. HAVING PROBS!

Yeah im really liking the Braking simulation, feels much much nicer than anything else out there, i tend to use Autobrake 2 for most flights, is this wrong?!

Hey all. Here is another demo video. First it starts off by demonstrating a NADP2 departure. The second part is to show you that you do not really need speedbrakes to get back in the game.
What a coincidence that you should post this today !! Last night, (Just out of interest, and frustration of now being able to fly the PMDG in Multiplayer), I simulated flying the 737 with an almost total electrical failure. ( ie I removed all the Gauges, which enable me to remain in a Multiplayer session !). After taking off from KIAD, ( amazingly , this was quite possible with the electrical failure, with engines already started), the challenge was to find the airport again, and land. NO Air brakes, no flaps, and no instruments. Other control surfaces were operational, as well as the brakes. Well, I did make it back to KIAD in one piece, with a successful landing. OK, so TOTALLY UNREALISTIC ? -- but it certainly did give a good simulation of what it would be like to be at 10,000ft, and have a complete electrical failure, and have to fly with NO instruments, and limited systems. and NO !! This is NOT a workable solution for flying in MULTIPLAYER !!! rofl Geoff

Is it me or does 300ft sound a long way out? 300ft is a long way.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The speedbrakes besides braking the lift on touchdown also make the braking more effective. By partly braking lift, there is more weight to come on the main landing gear what results in better braking performance. Haven't seen the video yet, but in a way spoilers do make a difference...happy.png