Sign in to follow this  
Cool_ryguy327

Remember to Slow down!

Flying into PDX last night I had to do two go arounds! I'm really having to get used to slowing down much earlier and controlling drag. I guess this is because we've been spoiled by addon aircraft that weren't up to par when it comes to the drag department? I heard that the NGX is much more accurate when it comes to this, especially with the winglets. Do any RW 737 pilots want to confirm this? P.S. Is there any new NGX signature banners? I'm no longer a "future" owner of the NGX. Big Grin.gif

The pinned topic with the video by a -700 first officer addresses this. He has some great tips for managing speed on descent.

I guess this is because we've been spoiled by addon aircraft that weren't up to par when it comes to the drag department?
i suppose you have not yet flown the PMDG JS41 ...

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I think real pilots are trained to this, so they normally won't be coming in with a to high speed.tongue.png My only guess is you'd start your approach early and use your drag by pithing up slightly to decrease speed at certain points. That's what i do atleast, but I have to admit the NGX really shows off some realistic ground-effect. happy.png

That there JS41, is a real pilots plane. I have the utmost respect for the pilots who were in command of that bird, that had to be the hardest plane to keep tabs of thoughout the flight in flight sim history. Watching the engine indications on takeoff at the "thrust reduction" phase, icing conditions, no autothrottle, and the slippery approach speeds, sure keep your mind occupied. No time for rest like in the heavy metal.

No, flew a JS41 for FS2004 (think it was designed for fs2002?), hated it so never touched PMDG. Probably not the greatest model I used though. Haha.

I think real pilots are trained to this, so they normally won't be coming in with a to high speed.tongue.png My only guess is you'd start your approach early and use your drag by pithing up slightly to decrease speed at certain points. That's what i do atleast, but I have to admit the NGX really shows off some realistic ground-effect. happy.png
Yeah, I'm a real pilot in real life... But we can slow down 172's really fast! Never flown anything bigger than that so I'm not used to big iron at all. I'm starting to get used to the NGX though, I just have started slowing down before I'm put on final by ATC and try to time it to be fully slowed down at least 3 miles out (not sure if that's real world but works for me on Vatsim.)

No, flew a JS41 for FS2004 (think it was designed for fs2002?), hated it so never touched PMDG. Probably not the greatest model I used though. Haha.
try it out, you won't regret it. VC is stunning with reflective gauges and you will have a hard time learning to slow down and keep the engines healthy.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable