Sign in to follow this  
logic007

Some posts are funny.....

Hi all, I haven't purchased the NGX yet due to all the madness that follows the first couple of days after release.I like most have been waiting patiently for what seems like years for this release to come about. But with all the waiting it has given me time to do as much research on this bird as I possible can, including looking at the improved system features (as compared to the NG) and the different ergonomics present in the aircraft. Since release day I have been watching this forum carefully and reading all of the different posts regarding issues people have been seeing and encountering, a lot of which is fair to say would just require a little research before buying the aircraft and most would be resolved. For example - I read a post yesterday regarding the Master caution light not being straight in the cockpit and the gentlemen asked if it was something he'd done during install etc.....but if the research had of been done it would have been known that this was an ergonomic feature intended by PMDG along with various other things like worn and dirty buttons etc etc, all intentional by PMDG if I'm correct?Another couple of posts indicated that the PFD's etc were taking sometime to come to life when power was applied in the cockpit - also as far as I'm aware this is the feature of the NGX (as shown in Nicks AOA video of the cockpit systems etc) he mentions and shows that it takes a couple of minutes for the screens to display any info. This is different than the NG as the displays used to come alive instantly when power was applied. So not necessarily a bug as some people think. People who have been well accustomed to the NG I'm guessing will probably find the NGX a little different due to the amount of realism that supersedes the NG, so I would suggest as much reading and video watching as possible before automatically assuming that the aircraft doesn't work or that there is a bug etc. I know there are genuine members out there who are experiencing genuine bugs and I have sympathy for these people as the majority will be experienced pilots and simmers. But reading through everything first will help me determine when I install if I encounter any problems, whether its an intended feature or a bug. I'm still waiting for the post that says - '' I have fingerprints on the displays in my cockpit, is it something I've done or is it a bug?'' lol guarantee we wont wait long for that one.I'm just saying that maybe people should get to know the aircraft they are flying before complaining that something isn't working right. Knowledge is power :-) Happy flying everyone Darrel Cooke

Yup, like I stated in a recent post, I thought the drag issue was a bit off and might be a bug, but it looks like some real pilots have confirmed that's how she flies and I guess I've just been spoiled by bad coding. Gotta say, I really like this bird. Not too hard on my dinosaur of a system (in the computer world), and still looks awesome! +1 to PMDG on this one.

indeed there are! im betting that a lot of these people haven't read 1984, it would be funny if pmdg were betting on which features would be flagged up as bugs, even though they're not! this problem of ask before search seems to have become more prominent in recent years, and i can say for definite it will keep me coming back to the forums!

Actually I am happy about all the noob threads, clearly shows that this product also reaches a broad costumer base....and it's fun to read the topics fur us "hardcore" simmers :-)

I'm just saying that maybe people should get to know the aircraft they are flying before complaining that something isn't working right.
True. although, there's always the odd chance that by doing stuff the wrong way, a little bug may be discovered otherwise unnoticed by the experienced and knowledgeable developers and beta testers. But the majority of reports here are indeed a matter of RTFM. However, I have experienced a couple of weird things myself, one of which must be related to the freeze issue and another i will first have to re-produce in order to find out before posting or submitting a ticket.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Master caution is not straight on the real airplane lol - it's done that way to easily differentiate the two lights in a compromised environment (smoke etc).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com