Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Livery and Livery Manager issues - how to resolve

Guest Tamadeez

So if you purchased the NGX on the first day do we still need to do this even though I have unchecked read only and are having absolutely no problems?

So if you purchased the NGX on the first day do we still need to do this even though I have unchecked read only and are having absolutely no problems?
Same question here. I purchased it 2 hours after it was released. When I installed the liveries thru the manager (I believe it was Friday or Saturday), I received a "read only..." prompt, clicked on something (I can't remember what...yes/no choice), and the installed the files. I havent checked all of them, but my Southwest and Delta (both -800WL) seem to be fine. Am I exempt from having to do anything?

I made the new folder but when I save the livery into the folder it doesn't show up. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled the NGX but the Read Only problem still appeared. That is why I am following these directions. Regards,Woody

The download cfg file fix seems the same in content as the original texture cfg's . The only difference is the read only attribute. I unchecked the read only on all the texture cfg's and the Livery Manager worked perfectly on the installations. Ryan and the crew worked so hard to give us this state of the art 737ngx but he (and they) worked equally hard to help their customers have a satisfying Sim experience. Where else can you get this sheer ability and dedication?

Hi PMDG, I know this isn't a big thing on your to do list but is there any chance when you get a moment to fix this SAS paint? For some reason it really bugs me. -Travis

There's a shed-load of people who would disagree with you on that.
All I'm saying is this what happened to me. I used that site to update my fsx.cfg file, then FSX failed to even run. I cured it by going back to my original file. If I offered to 'improve' your china teapot and did so by smashing it to pieces and then giving it back to you, you would feel a bit like I did.

Ryan--I did everything like you said. I did a clean install of NGX, downloaded from site again, set up livery file, downloaded the liveries to it, all new, opened them in it, then opened the manager. I still get " textures already loaded"....but they are not. I did this twice, making sure I was following your instructions. No luck. Am I doing something wrong? All I really want is AAL ....any suggestions? Also, thanks for a great product!!

I think after you uninstall you have to go back and delete the rest of the files manually (in simobjects) If memory serves.

I'm still getting the message: There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names. Boeing 737-8K2NGX KLM Royal Dutch Airlines WingletsSimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL

You are right Scotty! That worked! Just uninstall NGX then go into simobjects /airplanes and take out what was left. The 800WL and 900WL files were still there. Re-install NGX and then install liveries! I still open txt's in a livery file on desktop. They are all working... Sorry Ryan, I missed a step...... Jim

Hello, I didnt start installing liveries until last night 8.8.11 but not all of them, but I have noticed something odd on the Austrian and American airways livery to name but two, where you normally see the centre cone of the N1 fan has a white spiral showing the fan spinning, these two liveries have a large blob of white paint on the cone. Is this a normal feature. richard welsh.

TCS..The fix for duplicate objects is actually pretty easy.. Delete the objects its mentioning in the error message.. You can do it while the error is being displayed, and since it only removes one set of objects, your others will be fine..

Hello RaynSorry about posting a problem a small one, Ok I reinstalled the NGX with clean and new download few hours, I followed the liveries installation instructions, the 800, 900, 900WL all installed correctly, regarding the 800WL I installed like 5 liveries together only got one UA right, and for AA, DL, AS & BL it doesn't show any, If I try to install the missing ones I get an error says that texture folder already exists and asking to enter a new texture folder bellow on the list, it shows a file name "texture.aa" ?So any suggestionsBy the way amazing and beautiful plane it drives my nuts :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Guys, I'm really sorry - I screwed up on part of this guide last night. (this is what I get for writing it at 4AM last night after 16 hours of support work) Some of you are going to have to reinstall the plane if you deleted the texture.vc and texture.common and texture.900 folders.
Great, I took your advice in good faith and deleted the files you asked me to, including the textures.900 folder. I actually kept the folder so will it work if I just place it back where it came from? If so please let me know if I have to reinstall the NGX? If i do, does that involve a new download and reactivation? If so please let me know how this is done?