Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Livery and Livery Manager issues - how to resolve

Open the Explorer, right click on the aircraft.cfg files in each folder, click on "properties" and uncheck "Read only" I did this...now my fsx don't start ,I get the fatal crash....went back and set them again as read only...still get the fatal crash fsx don't start.

If you go to "Product Support", there is an entry for the Liveries Manager problem, when using Windows 7 64 Bit. I have followed the instructions and am running the Liveries Manager as "Administrator" all the time. Problem is resolved. I wish I had spotted that post earlier.
Well,The same applies to installing MSFS 9.1 and MSFSX ... as well as Scenery, addon aircraft etc. Everything (word processing programs, spreadsheets, games etc.) I open / run (right click on it) on my PC is done "as Administrator" for Windows (Vista or Win7) 32 or 64 bit.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan, You are quite right in what you say. That was always the way it happened when I was using VISTA and has been when installing other products on Windows 7 64Bit. I am quite new to Windows 7 64Bit and for some reason or other, something did not go as planned each time I tried to run the Livery Manager. I had to go to properties and select "Run as Administrator"; normally you should not have to do that, it should automatically steer you towards "run as administrator". Anyway, I am not an expert in IT, I am but a humble geologist who is happy that the problem is resolved and that I can enjoy PMDG's finest creation to date. " Bravo Zulu !" as we used to say the the Royal Navy (Well Done!).

Question about the "updated" liveries. If I already have, for example, the United -700WL version and downloaded the update, do I need to uninstall the old version and reinstall the newer one, or will installing the newer one simply overwrite the old one?

What I did.Uninstalled PMDGNG.Deleted left over folders/directories.Rebooted PC.Downloaded the full PMDGNG product.Installed it.Then downloaded the AAL livery ...I used the LiveryMgr new version 1.05. Installed AAL.Took 15 minutes.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What an absolute headache this whole show has been! OMG! First of all...trouble with the authorization, and now the Livery Manager crashes every time I try to install a new livery. Is there an easy way around this? PMDG... you gotta get it right before you launch! This has been a real let down experience!After some pissing around... I managed to get it working by running the LiveryMgr as Administrator! Thank you Natural Intellegence!

In my eyes, the NGX is a highly "unstable" product.My sim worked fine until I installed the 900WL KLM livery as admin. Now, the sim wont start, error message: visualfx.dll. This bird really needs a serious servicepack ... what a xxxxxxx EDIT: I had to completely uninstall the NGX, to make my sim work again. But do I have to be afraid of a crashing sim each and every time I install a new livery? Come on PMDG, you can do better!

I installed the 900Wl Klm too, no problems what so ever, The only issue i have is not to load another aircraft. So start your situation always with the PMDG plane.Love the product !! best sim untill now !My compliments PMDGRob

If I re-download 737-800 GTX from PMDG site, Will I still experience liveries installation problems? or Do I have to go through Rayn's "How to fix any issues you may be having with the liveries and the Livery Manager":?Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi everyone! I am not sure, that this is right place to ask, but can someone help me with wing decals. Can you give me the steps, which i should follow to get my reg number on the wings, I tried to make a texure in PS, than I used DXT tool to open it. I went to move alpha to editor (PS) and made exact same regs in white colour. But in sim I have some mixture of colours. Thanks in advance

Don't do that. Put the registry on the RGB channels (just black usually). Then go to alpha channel, fill it black, select registration outline and fill that region white on the alpha. Export DDS and go. sig.gif

I just bought this plane today , and i can not see any of the livries i installed in FSX, just the PMDG livery only. Using win7 64 bit with version 1.05 of pmdg livry manager. i have already tried most suggestions on this forum, including starting livery manager as admin. And just purchased today, so i started with v1.05 of livery manager.

Interesting discussion. Since day ONE I have had NO problems installing liveries, in fact NO problems at all with the 737NGX, Can't see the reason to right click every livery to set it to R/W. Right click the FSX directory and set the whole directory to R/W. Sometimes I get the feeling that people are doing everything they can to find faults in this product. Once a computer-guru told me that in 99% of the cases the "error" sits 2 feet behind the keyboard!!! After reading most of the postings in this forum I must admit that he had a point there. JJJthe Swede in Spain