Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Livery and Livery Manager issues - how to resolve

I did a clean install of the NGX, most of my liveries fail to load, none of my 900 or 900wl work and a few of the 800 and 800 wl, do not work aswell, I just get a big yellow warning saying it failed to load then the screen resets back to the trike.

OK - I have placed the textures.900 folder BACK into the 900 (non winglet) folder from whence it originated. There appear to be no issues yet. I would really rather not fanny about re-installing all the liveries, not to mention the aircraft itself. I will keep you updated.

Hello Alaa,just navigate to the simobjects/airplanes/pmdg, and delete the folder 'texture.aa' and also remove it from the cfg file,then reinstall thetexture from the texture manager again,

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thank you Jude I will give a try in few houres I will let you know

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I've noticed that during uninstalling NGX via control panel some folders and files (for example DEM folder) are not removed. Is it normal? Gregor GresiaczynskiEDDF, EPWR

Unfortunately the link for the aircraft.cfg files is dead: 404 - File or directory not found. Can you check that please?
Yip I can confirm that

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Yup not working here. Just deleted everything before I tried the D/L.

-Cory Crabtree

I've noticed that during uninstalling NGX via control panel some folders and files (for example DEM folder) are not removed. Is it normal? Gregor GresiaczynskiEDDF, EPWR
Yes, that's normal - certain things will be used by future PMDG products as well and we can't remove them and risk disabling the feature for a different addon.
Unfortunately the link for the aircraft.cfg files is dead: 404 - File or directory not found. Can you check that please?
Updated the link, try again.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Great, I took your advice in good faith and deleted the files you asked me to, including the textures.900 folder. I actually kept the folder so will it work if I just place it back where it came from? If so please let me know if I have to reinstall the NGX?
Hi Thunderbird, I don't think you would experience any problems with the folder removed other than probably some missing textures on certain paints, so simply putting the texture.900 folder back where it came from should not be a problem IMO. HTH. :)

Hello Alaa,just navigate to the simobjects/airplanes/pmdg, and delete the folder 'texture.aa' and also remove it from the cfg file,then reinstall thetexture from the texture manager again,
Hello JudeJust wanted to let you know that I followed the instructions, successfully, the load manager installed all liveries, there was a little trick though, the aircraft.cfg was a read only file I undo that and it worked beautifully.Million of thanks Sir

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I have downloaded liveries to a folder on my desktop titled "liveries".When I select livery to to install I can navigate to the folder but caan't see anything inside to select.I am not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to computers so I am missing something but have no idea what.Any suggestions would be great. Many thanks.Dave