Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Livery and Livery Manager issues - how to resolve

I have problems with fatal errors as well. Once I have installed the PMDG, Microsoft flight simulator didn't t start any more.This is seriously getting on my nerves... I've tried almost everything. Renaming the logbook and reinstalling the Accelration pack. The flight simulator then worked well again but when I reinstalled the PMDG, the Flight simulator wouldn't run again. I've also deleted and replaced the aircraft.cfg files and the livery manager isn't working as well. I have Windows 7 and believe that I don't have isntalled SP1. Might that be the problem? If that's the case could you please tell me where I can download the SP? Because I haven't found any good source. Please help me... It's really sad to see that a product I've spent 69,99 on is causing so many problems. Thanks Matthias
MatthiasYes it would not be wrong to install SP1here the link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5842

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Look in your windows Event viewer and lets see what module caused the problem. Just to verify .. did you uninstall PMDG then download the product again and do a fresh install?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have downloaded this aircraft to day and installed as directed.Downloaded some liveries and installed as per the manual, but they do not show up when I go to change aircraft ??I have looked at the aircraft config file and all seems ok and checked for a thumbnail file in the texture folder and all is ok.What is going wrong here ??

Phil Densley

Don't worry guy's......Like a prat I had not selecterd the "Show all Varients" box on th echange aircrafts selection page !!! Duh !!!

Phil Densley

Is there a possibility to have download link to download texture.common, texture.vc and texture.900 instead of having to uninstall and reinstall the whole NGX package? Seems a lot of work just to get the 3 files back into FSX. Jackthe Swede in Spain

Read only is NOT checked with me on the .cfg.files but srll the Livery manager WAN,T work I get a message that a problem is going on with the LM when I tryd to install liverys!Is this a Windows 7 problem?Because ib XP I had NO problem with the LM!

Ok, i have insatlled SP1 for windows 7 now. I uninstalled my whole Flight simulator X and installed it again. I just downloaded the PMDG737NGX once more and installed that again, too. Everything but the livery manager is working now but I'm afraid to change something because that has caused big trouble the last time I did it.

I am trying to install liveries for the 737 NGX and the livery manager will not let me choose the location of the new files. Is there a correct placement of the liveries files in order for them to show up in the manager? many thanks.

I have downloaded 5 liveries. When I double click on them my computer tells me "it cannot find a program to open these files". How do I get the Livery manager ?? I have the planes up and running in PMDG livery only........HELP....Please !

I have downloaded 5 liveries. When I double click on them my computer tells me "it cannot find a program to open these files". How do I get the Livery manager ?? I have the planes up and running in PMDG livery only........HELP....Please !
You need to use the PMDG livery manager... Double clicking will not work.

Talk to me, where is the livery manager ?? Never had any of these problems with 747-400 or MD-11. Running Vista 64.

I found Livery manager. My liveries are in a desktop file and they are in zip form. I cannot figure out how to get them to the livery manager.