Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

NGX: fsx.cfg TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD = 4096 goes to 1012

Hello After using NGX the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 goes to 1012 on fsx.cfg before restart FSX. Could be a cause because FSX crahes everytime after exit NGX? Do we have to set this values everytime before starts FSX? Thanks for help. RegardsMarcel

I will double check Marcel but it is very important to note that ANY changes to the fsx settings will cause the value's of several custom lines [LOD_Radius]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The value will reset everytime you change something in the graphics options, unless you use a little tool called Texture Max Load Editor. it will monitor changes to that line and automatically change it back to your desired value everytime that happens: EDIT: wrong link, let me see if I can find a working download. EDIT2: hm, looks the site of the author is down and all the other links that Google spits out send me in circles.

Guest Turboblower

Also remember that FSX writes to the fsx cfg on shut down, As your fsx is crashing on shut down, is why it reverts back to 1024. I suggest deleting your fsx cfg and let fsx rebuild another one. Another way of checking if your cfg is corrupted is if you have more than one graphics card entry eg: DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.0]Mode=1920x1080x32 Sometimes an additional entriy can be found near the end of the config.Even if you only find one entry, delete it.

Still stand by my suggestion gents. Try the 4096 then load a cessna then exit the FSX properly, Don't change anything via the FSX settings menu, everything should now be done through the Config

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest Turboblower
Still stand by my suggestion gents. Try the 4096 then load a cessna then exit the FSX properly, Don't change anything via the FSX settings menu, everything should now be done through the Config
Alex,Until he adresess the issue of fsx crashing on shut down using the NGX, would it not be more prudent to fix that issue first ? As I said, fsx writes to the cfg on exiting, so it will just happen again.

Never set the FSX.cfg to Read Only!FSX writes to that file as needed and certainly on each exit.

Guest Turboblower

Glad you jumped in here Glenn, don't think my message was getting through.