Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomrickard1

Zone Temp warning light

Guest tomrickard1

Hello,I am a bit confused why I keep having a zone temp. error straight after engine start. After the engines have started, I open their bleeds and packs, whilst verifying the trim air is on. After 1 minute, the temperature from the gauge for the supply duct, cont cab, goes up to 75 degrees C, then I have to manually turn the (what I presume) is the air conditioning for the cont cab from AUTO to C for the temperature to decrease. The temperature falls to 20 degrees C and then I have to trip reset underneath the isolation valve to remove the warning, having to keep the switch on C for the rest of the flight. I have checked for failures and there are none. Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong, I've checked the FCOM for any information but failed to find anything relevant to what I'm experiencing. Thanks,

Set packs to Auto, not on. And have you checked the QRH? All errors and warnings should be listed in there.

Guest tomrickard1

Sorry, I meant I put the packs on AUTO.The QRH only provides me with the procedures to follow when it happens, it isn't explaining to me why it constantly happens.Thanks,

I am having a similar issue with those zone temp lights...everything is set to auto and the QRH doesn´t explain why a message like that would occur and how to prevent it.

Yeah, it's in the QRH as well, chapter 2.24. Check any warning you get with the QRH (Quick Reference Handbook, found in your PMDG NGX documents folder), this add-on is as complex as the real thing, so to say. Any warning or error you get that is not obviously software-issues (freezing, FSX errors, CTD's, etc etc) can almost always be solved by handeling the aircraft correctly. Obviously, this is our hobby, not our jobs, so to read all of the thousands and thousands of pages that follows this aircraft is quite extreme. But the QRH is indexed very nicely, making it easy to find the issue you're having, and anything that can be done to solve it.

Guest tomrickard1

Yes, I have checked the QRH and it did solve the problem, it'd would be good if someone with 737NG experience was to offer some reasons as to why it keeps happening, as my NG isn't due for service until another 9990 hours of flying time, so I doubt it's the plane :).Thanks,

Post's dropping in faster than I write here :( Well, I doubt this is a software issue, so try to follow the resolution propositions, and see if it disappears. The QRH says the following: Condition: One or more of these occur:•A zone duct overheat•Flight deck temperature control is failed. Refer to FCOM vol 2 chapter 2.31.4 for more info on the air system.

I'm told this actually happens a lot in the real aircraft during hot weather. Tell me, are you running real weather? Have you let the aircraft sit for a long time with the packs off or with the doors open? The interior air temperature (inside the cabin and inside the air ducts) is very well modeled here.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I think it's trying to tell us it can't keep the temperatures you selected. I think this is because low bleed during idle and low air flow through the "radiators". Sorry I know radiator isn't the right term but that's what it does.Ram air normally removes the heat, which there isn't alot of during taxi/idling. Maybe the big yellow tube thingy is pushing air through it? I'm going to do some reading...

Hello, I am a bit confused why I keep having a zone temp. error straight after engine start. After the engines have started, I open their bleeds and packs, whilst verifying the trim air is on. After 1 minute, the temperature from the gauge for the supply duct, cont cab, goes up to 75 degrees C, then I have to manually turn the (what I presume) is the air conditioning for the cont cab from AUTO to C for the temperature to decrease. The temperature falls to 20 degrees C and then I have to trip reset underneath the isolation valve to remove the warning, having to keep the switch on C for the rest of the flight. I have checked for failures and there are none. Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong, I've checked the FCOM for any information but failed to find anything relevant to what I'm experiencing. Thanks,
Packs on AutoRecirculation on AutoIsolation valve on Auto Cancel the warning with the master caution on the F/O glareshield Fred.

Guest tomrickard1
I'm told this actually happens a lot in the real aircraft during hot weather. Tell me, are you running real weather? Have you let the aircraft sit for a long time with the packs off or with the doors open? The interior air temperature (inside the cabin and inside the air ducts) is very well modeled here.
Yes I am, the interior of the cabin remains at 20 degrees C, yet the supply duct temperature goes extremely hot right after engine start.
I think it's trying to tell us it can't keep the temperatures you selected. I think this is because low bleed during idle and low air flow through the "radiators". Sorry I know radiator isn't the right term but that's what it does.Ram air normally removes the heat, which there isn't alot of during taxi/idling. Maybe the big yellow tube thingy is pushing air through it? I'm going to do some reading...
Thanks for that advice, I still have yet to find a reasonable explanation to why this happens, I may make a ticket and see if one of the developers could answer this question.

Packs on AutoRecirculation on AutoIsolation valve on Auto Cancel the warning with the master caution on the F/O glareshield Fred.
Have you referred to the QRH for that??

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm told this actually happens a lot in the real aircraft during hot weather.
i had this warning twice in sim, using ASE. And temperatures were 39 and 40 degrees celcius on those flights. I love this plane

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

Have you referred to the QRH for that??
No ! From memory !! Fred.

I also notice that this seems to affect single engine taxi. If I get this warning its takes just about full thrust on a single engine to get the plane moving. When I don't get the warning single taxi works just fine. Anyone notice the same?