Sign in to follow this  
pouzo

My best 737ngx landing KJFK (Video)

it does not look like FSX hehe, it looks like a video I have of the real thing =) good job

Hi Puzant, good video. I see you have 16 Gb DDR3. Do you have problems with such configuration? I tested yesterday with 16 GB and had some freezing problems , which were not present with 8 GB. Best. Miquel Egea.

Traffic, traffic! Nasty bit of AI on the cross runway there... 737 Go around! Nice setup you have there and good performance it would seem. Is that the FSDT KJFK version? Andrew

Doesn't using 3 monitors make you lag?
I have not seen single Lag , I get 30 FPS Locked but thats because I am running dual ATI 5870
it does not look like FSX hehe, it looks like a video I have of the real thing =) good job
Thanks Alot man, It was my first flight with the PMDG and it did serve good :)
Hi Puzant, good video. I see you have 16 Gb DDR3. Do you have problems with such configuration? I tested yesterday with 16 GB and had some freezing problems , which were not present with 8 GB. Best. Miquel Egea.
I have not seen any Freeze or Lag with my 16 GB of RAM , What brand/Speed is your RAM?
Traffic, traffic! Nasty bit of AI on the cross runway there... 737 Go around! Nice setup you have there and good performance it would seem. Is that the FSDT KJFK version? Andrew
I Know :) The Active runway was 31 L and when I was 10 Miles out it switched on me so I was already on Long Approach

Pouzo, 4X4 Gb DDR3 Patriot 1600 XMP compliant.With 2X4, everything runs fantastic, with XMP profile activated, 3,80GHZ. But in FSX with 16 GB, frozen. Thanks in advanced. Miquel.

Oh I never experienced any freezes, BTW you have 64 Bit right ?

Enjoy it
Nice setup you have there and nice pc. But no offence mate, if you say "My best PMDG 737NGX landing", and it turns out to be an autoland, then that's not good... I seriously don't understand why people are always doing autolands. Isn't the experience of flying much better when doing the landing manually? Now perform such a soft landing manually, with proper flaring, just like the autopilot does. Would be nice to see!Arjen Vandervelde

Ok Arjen , Can I be honest with you , When I asked multiple Real Pilots , they told me that In their career maybe out of 100 flights they manually land once or twice max and thats because in this world Technology is stronger then a Human Brain and remember this is a 737 and not a cessna, and setting ILS is not an easy thing to do , you actually have to know what your doing and that is the challenge of this bird. BTW That was an ILS Approach and NOT Autoland

I'm not aware that pilots autoland a 737 to such a degree. From what I've seen pilots usually land manually, if there is visibility. Often - from what I've seen - they even fly VFR if it can save them fuel and time at smaller airports.

Ok Arjen , Can I be honest with you , When I asked multiple Real Pilots , they told me that In their career maybe out of 100 flights they manually land once or twice max and thats because in this world Technology is stronger then a Human Brain and remember this is a 737 and not a cessna, and setting ILS is not an easy thing to do , you actually have to know what your doing and that is the challenge of this bird. BTW That was an ILS Approach and NOT Autoland
That's not what I understand or what I see when I watch the JustPlanes videos.What I see is autoland down to between 1000 - 500 feet, sometimes higher, switch off the autopilot and land manually. Full CATIII autoland is only done in bad visibility or periodically, to keep the aircraft's autoland rating.
Enjoy it
Real nice landing. I've just started using the HUD for landing and it makes is sooo easy.What an aircraft sim!! I just can't get away from it. Before I was addicted to flight simulation. Now I'm addicted to the NGX.

I'll be honest with you. All of this is incorrect. All of it. Except the "not a Cessna" part. But what's that got to do with anything? Smug.gif Especially incorrect considering the great weather you had when you opted for an auto land. Working on currency? Of course if you enjoy auto lands more than manual ones (??!!) that's great! But not realistic.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Ok Arjen , Can I be honest with you , When I asked multiple Real Pilots , they told me that In their career maybe out of 100 flights they manually land once or twice max
It's the other way around.

Hey sorry if I confused people , I did ILS landing not Autoland , I came in ILS and before touch down disengaged autopilot