Sign in to follow this  
MikeB

Error in "aso" and "scenery 116" - what does it mean??

Hi,when starting up FS 2002 I get an error message which says something like "error in scerney/aso" and that "area.116" cannot be found. I just click OK and then it goes on fine. What does this message mean? What is an aso file (I know WHERE it is, but not WHAT it is)? How can I fix this?CheersChris

Chris,Just for reference here's my area 116:Title=Airport LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=116Required=TRUELocal=scenedbasoRemote=I'm assumming that aso stands for 'airport scenery objects'. Since you said you have found the scenedbaso folder then there must be a file missing. My installation only has three objects in the aso folder; a scenery.dat file, a Scenery folder, and a scenery_fs_aso.bgl file in the asoScenery folder. If all of those things are there then I'd have to think a little harder about what may be causing your problem.Mike

Mike,thanks for your reply. Very helpful, because I think it helped me discover a major bug in my installation: in my aso folder, I have the scenery.dat file, but neither the scenery folder nor a scenery_fs_aso.bgl file. The scenery_fs_aso.bgl file is in my SCENEDB/ADFfiles/scenery folder. Sounds like some mixed up locations...Also, where does that text go that you refer to above? Which file do I need to check to find out whether it's there?THanks for any further helpChris

That was from the scenery.cfg file. It's in your main FS folder.Mike