Sign in to follow this  
wildwally

Landing lights

well i took the plunge and added the lights after playing around I think it came out nice. Used the narrow. and the nice part about it the PMDG code turns the taxi light off when gear goes up. no more light floating. lights1.jpg EDIT: anyone know if you can rotate an effect to simulate the turnlight that aim outward?

Not a fan of Shockwave lights, here. I especially hate them on the 377. But I must admit, that looks nice! Is there a way to make the beams much, much smaller for more realism? Unfortunately I think the effect is too exaggerated when in clear weather. If there is a way, I may think about purchasing SW lights.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hey wally its Derek from airhaul! Great picture I have shockwave definitly gonna try that! LOVE shockwave lights

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Normally they over power the plane and give some ripple looks in the fuselage. But I played around with the differnt effects provided in the file and found the narrow works just enough to give some volume to the light space but not too much.

This is what i added: If anyone spends the time to dial it in better please update with better locations. light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Lightlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Lightlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Lightlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Lightlight.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi

Walter, do you mind answering my question from earlier, if you're aware of the answer? If the beams were were tiny compared to what they are now, it'd look real.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Walter, do you mind answering my question from earlier, if you're aware of the answer? If the beams were were tiny compared to what they are now, it'd look real.
Sorry didn't read through the whole post - I was distracted. There are other (Size) effects provided. and some that even are almost nothing. Its all in what you like. The part that i like the most is head on it drowns out thats behind it like it would in real life looking at a bright light in the dark. Plus I like to see some volume of light over the simple white circle - my opinion it gives it depth.

Be carefull if you add Shockwave landing lights, especially adding shockwave Taxi lights to the Nose wheel assembly. Shockwave has a dll, that will turn the lights off if the "GEAR" is not fully down. This can have issues when the gear is up, as it will keep trying to turn off the lights. ( again , and again, and again and ....) IN ANY CASE, this dll should NOT be used with some of the 737 models,

on B737-300/500 the taxilight won't go out while gear restraction.but on B737-800 it "CAN" go out, because the switch of the taxilight got two position, one is "off", the other is "auto",while the 735 is "off" and "on".
That being said, becasue of the issues with the dll, you are best to NOT use it. ( unless you modify it to correct the unnecessary "turning the lights off" logic) PMDG "may" also be taking care of a lot of this "taxi light on/off logic" ??? (--- not checked that out yet.) Agreed, A2A's Shockwave lights are not perfect, but they are probably about the best one can do, within the limitatiosn of FSX. One REALLY NICE benefit from having SHockwave Lights installed on the Aircraft in "Your Hanger", is at NIGHT.Aircraft flying with LIGHTS on, look far more realsitically like they do in REAL WORLD, than the standard FSX aircarft lighting.ie you can clearly SEE the lights many miles away ... Just for that effect at night, I think that the addon is worth having :) Geoff Ironic: Flying aircarft are a LOT easier to see at Night than during the day !!

In the manual there is a panel cfg command that i believe is designed to solve the problem on other aircraft that have the problem you talk about. I could be wrong in understanding its purpose. All I know is it worked like it should during my testing - good enough for me.

I take it they don't replace the original lighting on the ground and objects ahead, right?

I take it they don't replace the original lighting on the ground and objects ahead, right?
Correct