Sign in to follow this  
wildwally

Landing lights

Correct
Ok, thanks Geoff

Whats interesting is the rest of the lighting for the NGX is not in the cfg file for the aircraft. Only two lines of code which are the VC lights. But yes FSMP stated it correctly.

FSX's "lighting" is under-developed ( I think thats a fair word for it ) No doubt PMDG have done a lot to improve this, and it will be interesting to see what is available, when they release the 737NGX SDK for the Hardware guys. They should have some challenging fun :) Geoff

This is what i added: If anyone spends the time to dial it in better please update with better locations. light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Lightlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Lightlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Lightlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Lightlight.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi
Would like to see how it looks like... Could you please post more screenshots? I also have Shockwave lights - but not yet added to NGX.

Not a fan of Shockwave lights, here. I especially hate them on the 377. But I must admit, that looks nice! Is there a way to make the beams much, much smaller for more realism? Unfortunately I think the effect is too exaggerated when in clear weather. If there is a way, I may think about purchasing SW lights.
+1 on that. That should only happen in a foggy weather or in the clouds IMHO.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Be carefull if you add Shockwave landing lights, especially adding shockwave Taxi lights to the Nose wheel assembly. Shockwave has a dll, that will turn the lights off if the "GEAR" is not fully down. This can have issues when the gear is up, as it will keep trying to turn off the lights. ( again , and again, and again and ....) IN ANY CASE, this dll should NOT be used with some of the 737 models, That being said, becasue of the issues with the dll, you are best to NOT use it. ( unless you modify it to correct the unnecessary "turning the lights off" logic) PMDG "may" also be taking care of a lot of this "taxi light on/off logic" ??? (--- not checked that out yet.) Agreed, A2A's Shockwave lights are not perfect, but they are probably about the best one can do, within the limitatiosn of FSX. One REALLY NICE benefit from having SHockwave Lights installed on the Aircraft in "Your Hanger", is at NIGHT.Aircraft flying with LIGHTS on, look far more realsitically like they do in REAL WORLD, than the standard FSX aircarft lighting.ie you can clearly SEE the lights many miles away ... Just for that effect at night, I think that the addon is worth having :) Geoff Ironic: Flying aircarft are a LOT easier to see at Night than during the day !!
Geoff, The code you are speaking about is accessible as it is packed in a CAB file. By following MS's SDK I manipulated it in order to look after the gear lever instead of the gear itself. However, the main problem is that the taxi light only works with a TOGGLE command (different to the landing lights that can be commanded being both, ON or OFF) which causes light flickering with some 3rd party aircraft like PMDG'S Queen 744. BTW, this is independent of the code being used. Nonetheless it works fine with the NGX , at least for me, even if I finally resisted to use the taxi light because of a vertical misplacement after taking off caused by the gear's suspension. Regards,Axel

Regards,
Axel

Not a fan of Shockwave lights, here. I especially hate them on the 377. But I must admit, that looks nice! Is there a way to make the beams much, much smaller for more realism? Unfortunately I think the effect is too exaggerated when in clear weather. If there is a way, I may think about purchasing SW lights.
Zach, Unfortunately I have no idea what you would acknowledge as being small enough. You might refer to that link in order to see what is available: http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13312&start=0 I'm still doing some experiments myself. Regards,Axel

Regards,
Axel

Hello Guys,yo u have the same for the 737-900 ?Thanks
Sorry, not at all. You might have to do it yourself but it should be no problem. Big%20Grin.gif Regards,Axel

Regards,
Axel

737-800NGX[LIGHTS]light.2 = 5, 4.50, -8.24,  0.32, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx  // Right Inboard LLlight.3 = 5, 4.50,  8.16,  0.30, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx  // Left Inboard LLlight.4 = 6, 42.60, 0.00, -5.45, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small.fx  // Bottom Left LLlight.5 = 5, 5.70,  3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light    // Bottom Right LLlight.6 = 5, 5.70, -3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light    // Taxi Light 737-900NGX[LIGHTS]light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,  // Right Inboard LLlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,  // Left Inboard LLlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow, // Bottom Left LLlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,  // Bottom Right LLlight.6 = 6, 47.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,  // Taxi Light 

not mine, found somewhere on this forum, so credits to the one who did it.