Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please support the Developers - FSUIPC/LUA variables for AP displays

Dear PMDG Team, to manage hardware displays like the VRInsight MCP Combo make show up the correct Autopilot values, we need urgently LUA outputs like they are in the JS41. Maybe this is sth you could implement quickly for the upcoming hotfix or service pack. I have not great hopes to see my wish fullfilled, but maybe there's a slight chance ....Many thanks! Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second this, Gunter has made a great LINDA module for NGX, all that's missing is the ability for the VRInsight MCP's display values to match those in the sim.

Couple words more... We need just a several READ-ONLY Lua variables for Speed/Heading/Altitude/Course indications. Writable variables will be better, but it will be harder to implement for you. And talking about Lua variables.. non only we (LINDA developers and users) need them. Most of other hardware devices could be brought to life with these LVars available. NGX is using LVars widely already, you just need to add a few more...Please! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

A good explanation, Artem Loser.gif

Guenter Steiner

yep can confim that to goflight need crs 1+2, spd, hdg, alt and VS for displays as lvar+the led on the mcp as that would help 2. Best regards Lars N.

I bump this a bit up as maybe the first rush calmed a bit down...

Guenter Steiner

Developers are already informed about this request.So let's pray they will be generous enough to implement that for all of us.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

+1I agree the faster the SDK is released alot of us will be able to enjoy our third party Instrument add-ons.. Once again, Thanks to all for trying to make the NGX work with the MCP-Combo.... John

+1 x 10,000,000 At least a response from PMDG good bad or ugly doesn't matter as the silence is deafening! :)

They're probably waiting on SP1 (or at least until it's close) before the SDK to make sure it doesn't have to change as well. That's pure conjecture on my part, but I recall either Ryan or Robert saying the majority of the hotfixes were gauge adjustments. Of course, I'm a consumer, not a developer, so my understanding of these things is also about as good as a snowboarding camel...

I am hoping they release the SDK to more than just known developers. Good ideas for interfaces and such come from non-known developers and just general people as well.

I am hoping they release the SDK to more than just known developers. Good ideas for interfaces and such come from non-known developers and just general people as well.
Anyone will be able to download the SDK - I don't know who the heck started the idea that it would be a privately distributed thing or only go to certain developers - that's dead wrong.The LUA variable request is already in our system, there's just bigger fish to fry right now with the activation and freeze problems.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Anyone will be able to download the SDK - I don't know who the heck started the idea that it would be a privately distributed thing or only go to certain developers - that's dead wrong. The LUA variable request is already in our system, there's just bigger fish to fry right now with the activation and freeze problems.
Good to know. I read it in the Introduction pdf that came with the down. The bit makes it look like only it would have limited distribution. Quoted from it "Our goal is to allow hardware manufacturers to create their own drivers so that the hardware can be made compatible with our software, however so

with the PMDG 737NGX we are going to be releasing to them an SDK that will allow hardware manufacturers to independently create drivers to

ensure the highest degree of compatibility. The only restriction that we place on hardware developers is that these

drivers must be provided at no cost to their customers. This SDK may not be available at release time but it will be made available a short time laterto interested, known hardware developers!"

The LUA variable request is already in our system,
thanks for replying, Ryan... better late then never wink.pngLINDA will look forward to this!

Guenter Steiner