Sign in to follow this  
Saheike

Systemspec for satisfied performance

Hi, I have not a new HighEnd PC but the new 737NGX runs with a good perofrmance inside of cockpit. Only in the outside view are some probs: The plane is naked and I can count the seats.2-3 seconds later it becomes a real plane with skin of TUIfly.My systemspecs are: AMD Athlon™64 Processor3500+2.20 GHz, 2,00 GB RAMVideocard NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GSLogitech USB Gamer MouseMicrosoft Sidewinder ForceFeedback Joystick (9 years old)Saitek ProPedalsTemporary Memory 3000 MB on Drive C, drive F and drive L Microsoft FlightSimulatorX w SP2Windows XP Professional w SP3 These are 2-3 year old inlets of my pc. Perhaps others with no highend pc can send also their specs. And until now (knock on wood) I had no real probs while flying it nor installing the liveries. Greetings from Saheike

Edited by Saheike

That system doesn't even look fit to play spider solitare, but it runs the NGX smoothly? PMDG does work magic.

Your system is a little old, perhaps some more ram (You don't mention the OS). 4GB would be considered desirable at this stage,Did you try searching for 'Skeleton' in the forums?In the PMDG documents there are some recommendations about HIGHMEMFIX = 1 , this may also help you.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

yes I have high end sysintel i-7 980 extremeasus rampage mb2 glx 480 cards sliwater cool and I still found the HIGHMEMFIX=1 needed to run smooth

Your system is a little old, perhaps some more ram (You don't mention the OS). 4GB would be considered desirable at this stage,Did you try searching for 'Skeleton' in the forums?In the PMDG documents there are some recommendations about HIGHMEMFIX = 1 , this may also help you.
yes, found it just a moment before and will try it out. Thanks for fast help

That system doesn't even look fit to play spider solitare, but it runs the NGX smoothly?
Lol im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Ian R Tyldesley

I believe what donshaw is recommending to be a part of the solution. in your fsx config, make sure there is a line that says highmemfix=1. That will help with the greatest part of the issue. next is to make sure you are NOT using the latest NVidia drivers ( 175.something ) as texture replication is a known problem.. Roll your drivers back to 170.whatever and you should be fine.. As for the old machine?? ignore the naysayers.. its true your at a disadvantage, but i'm running a five year old machine with a Q6600 in it and getting 40 fps with PMDGs recommended settings.. Age means nothing in the machine world..

I believe what donshaw is recommending to be a part of the solution. in your fsx config, make sure there is a line that says highmemfix=1. That will help with the greatest part of the issue. next is to make sure you are NOT using the latest NVidia drivers ( 175.something ) as texture replication is a known problem.. Roll your drivers back to 170.whatever and you should be fine.. As for the old machine?? ignore the naysayers.. its true your at a disadvantage, but i'm running a five year old machine with a Q6600 in it and getting 40 fps with PMDGs recommended settings.. Age means nothing in the machine world..
I found out that it works fine w the new line in FSX.cfg. It doesn´t interest me if others ar of opinion that my system "seems not to be fit to run Spider Solitare", because I know it better now. And if it is good enough to run the PMDG 747X with good performance it will also be enough to run my beloved 737NGX.The only problem was to activate it over PMDG server online on Aug. 5th. The other problem w texture is a less problem. In most cases I am running the virtual or 2d cockpit and that works fine. Edited by Saheike

Saheike,I have to agree with Warchild.My specs:Intel Quad Core Q6600.4 Gb RamEvga 8800 GT 512 Mb graphics card. I run FSX with Rex2 and UT2, and get an average of 20+ fps in the PMDG. I advise to read the Introduction.pdf as it gives you great recommendations on how to configure FSX. I also advise to give Boyote's tweaking tool (Do save a backup of your fsx.cfg file) a try. It bumped my fps up from 10-15 to 20+ I have a friend that has similar add-ons running on a Dual Core cpu with very decent fps. It all comes down to proper tweaking of fsx.cfg as well as the settings in fsx. I have a Amd64 3800, that I use for FSX add-ons in a network. Guess could try and see how it runs on that one.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Here some screenshots of my cockpit.The best is I am running it with FlightDeckCompanion 3 Live Cockpit, AES-Help and Followme without problems.

Edited by Saheike