Sign in to follow this  
Tim Fox

Cannot re-install

I am trying to re-install my NGX after uninstall, and after installing it does not ask me for my order info for validation, and when it loads the a/c, it does not do the "initialize" segment and shows blank instruments. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice with no success. All permissions are correct, and I had no problems with the initial install when first purchased. Anyone else have this problem? And no, it is not a bootleg copy, etc., so please don't go there.

Did you uninstall the previous copy correctly first m8. i've just done mine today to see if i can resolve the freeze issue. ??

Yes...everything seems to have uninstalled correctly. Not sure why it won't ask me to validate.

Tim, I'm not sure about your black screens, they might be related to activation but I don't really know. Now that said, not getting the activation window after you've already done it once is perfectly normal. The J41 and NGX activation isn't like the MD-11 and previous products where you had to enter the activation info every time. With the NGX it should only happen the first time you install.

Hmmm....then not sure why it isn't going through the intialization sequence. Strange.

Yes...everything seems to have uninstalled correctly. Not sure why it won't ask me to validate.
Right ok bare with me my friend.I take it you have installed a fresh copy as of now. / What i did was uninstall it manually so i left my flexnet folder in my ProgramData folder which controls the serial key. then delete all the other parts to NGX like gauges aircraft folder etc and it has worked for me although i was'nt prompted to re-enter my serial key or allow the gauges through fsx but has worked.
Right ok bare with me my friend.I take it you have installed a fresh copy as of now. / What i did was uninstall it manually so i left my flexnet folder in my ProgramData folder which controls the serial key. then delete all the other parts to NGX like gauges aircraft folder etc and it has worked for me although i was'nt prompted to re-enter my serial key or allow the gauges through fsx but has worked.
in order for it to go through the normal process delete your fsx cfg and allow fsx to rebuild but make sure you save any tweaks to carry over fella

Thanks for the help, Steve, but I am not one who knows his way around computers enough to mess around with manual uninstalls, etc, which usually leads to me screwing other stuff up and leading to more trouble. I guess I will just have to put in a support ticket and wait my turn. Not sure why this is happening, but it is tough to swallow as I have only completed one flight in a product I bought the day of release. I can certainly share the frustration of those others out there who are having issues with this A/C. In my case, I knew better than to purchase software on initial release, but I fell for the hype and just had to have it. The one flight I did manage to complete, however, was awesome, and I am in love with the plane. PMDG did a great job with it and it definitely raises the bar miles above the rest!

Well, I guess I won't put in a support ticket. Can't get through to that part of the website. Praying.gif