Sign in to follow this  
Tigh

Freezes and Failures

I'm not a fan of discussing these things in open forae as we all know PMDG is on the case and knowing PMDG, they will fix it. However, I've just tried to do a flight from Gatwick to Innsbruck. This would have been my third attempt at the flight because of problems with Approaching Innsbruck from Aerosoft (but that's a different story). Departed EGKK and on climbing through FL138 I lost the aircraft entirely, the dreaded freeze. This got me thinking. This is a flight I have successfully performed (until 16DME Innsbruck) twice in recent days. I've also flown EGKK-EGCC-EGKK (UK2000, GenX, REX, the works) in a single session without issues. What has changed between my initial flights and this abortive attempt this evening? The failures system, I've been running the realistic maintanence schedule. What is RSR specifically asking about in the freeze reports? The FMC which runs the failure system. What did Jane Rachel mention doing a lot during testing? Resetting failures. So I reset all failures and for good measure turned it off entirely. I then load up at a place I have got three freezes in pre-flight the previous evening, Aerosofts Munich. Same parking spot, ASE loaded in the only difference is no failures set at all. Result: No problems at all, descending into Innsbruck as I type (test flight you see). Just my fix I know and the challenge for PMDG is all the different setups we have but I would be interested to know if others experiencing this are running failures.