Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

ran off runway...

Landed @ vref at KSNA, ILS approach, engine idled upon touch down, spoilers activated, thrust reversers full, brakes applies, aircraft would not slow down and crashed off runway

Its only a suggestion, but change our brakes to the carbon type?? What you describe "could" be attributed to overheated brakes, or brake fade.. Just a thought..Pam

Landed @ vref at KSNA, ILS approach, engine idled upon touch down, spoilers activated, thrust reversers full, brakes applies, aircraft would not slow down and crashed off runway
You're a terrible pilot !! lol.

I did the same flight earlier, I should have been able to exit the third taxiway. What I'm trying to say is that even with full brakes, full reverse thrust, and spoilers deployed, the aircraft only slowed 25 knots from the runway threshhold to the end of the runway. With reverse thrust I could have been able to come to a full stop using reverse thrust and no brakes.

LOL, ya, 19R at KSNA is SHORT LOL.gif, still sounds like something went wrong withthe landing... now you got me curious, I've taken off there already (I like the CHANL1SID) but not a landing, I'll try one tonight.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

I did the same flight earlier, I should have been able to exit the third taxiway. What I'm trying to say is that even with full brakes, full reverse thrust, and spoilers deployed, the aircraft only slowed 25 knots from the runway threshhold to the end of the runway. With reverse thrust I could have been able to come to a full stop using reverse thrust and no brakes.
Dont't worry,David.You are not alone in this. I too had it happen to me landing at EIDW.Correct Vref,correct flaps,etc,etc and yet even with Auto-Brake 3 setting selected,reverse thrust selected, I still ran off. Upon taxi-ing back to the stand I could not even engage the brakes.There have been posts about brakes overheating.Could be but I'm not all that convinced as I have not had this problem at other runways including in the tutorial. I thought it might have been my registered FSUPIC settings for joystick but they were not set for this aircraft. Strange.

Hi, That's what happens when you come in to hot, you run out of real estate. You also make all the passengers go -> Praying.gif or worse they become ->Angel.gif. Just kidding, you could try using carbon brakes and see if that reduces the stopping distance. If your that hard on the brakes, you could turn brake failure off. If there is such a setting, I haven't looked myself.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I've been in and out of SNA lots of times (real world) ...757's land/take-off there all the time so I'm sure your 737 can handle it. And for the record, when you land at SNA the pilots brake very hard! Worried.gif

Brake fail, happened to me to, by the time I realized what was going on, and slapped full reverse thrust to her, I just BARELY got it stopped at the end of a 12,000 foot runway. Reset the failure when I got to the gate, and away I went again.

Just had this happen to me as well landing into Heathrow with Autobrake 2 set, seems fine with Autobrake 1?

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

Try without the Southwest livery. (I know they don't fly 800s) ;-)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

It happened to me also while landing at Congonhas AIrport ( SBSP ) using Autobrakes 2. Maybe because it didn't stop as fast as I expected and then when under 80 knots I applied manual braking, I really didn't except a real 737 brake temp to go from 0 to 10 and have no braking efficiency at all so fast, it all happened in under 4 seconds

Alexis Mefano