Sign in to follow this  
nocaps123

Take Off Throttle

I know i'm probly doing something wrong but im looking for any suggestions When I took off in the tutorial flight this did not happen everything was great But when doing my own flight.... Advance throttles to 40% N1 then I click TOGAAbout 3/4 down the runway the throttles all of a sudden reduce thrust almost completely? I can advance them myself but its just such a pain Any advice Derek Lane

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Check your settings, do you let your joystick override A/T? If so, only a small touch at the throttle lever on your joystick will disconnect it.

I know i'm probly doing something wrong but im looking for any suggestions When I took off in the tutorial flight this did not happen everything was great But when doing my own flight.... Advance throttles to 40% N1 then I click TOGAAbout 3/4 down the runway the throttles all of a sudden reduce thrust almost completely? I can advance them myself but its just such a pain Any advice Derek Lane
Are you using the Saitek throttle quadrant? If so, I advance the throttles to 40%, then to full, and then push TOGO. I think what's happening is that sim is reading your physical throttle handle position, and overriding the AT. There are also settings for this that may help in FMC under the PMDG settings. - John

Have you programmed the FMC with your flight plan? That is where NGX gets the orders. You also have to click on the V-speeds to program them when they appear on the FMC. I assume that the autopilot is not on (only turn it on in the air). The runway length should be put in somewhere (see the tutorial), maybe the FMC is ordering an abort takeoff at V1 because it thinks it cannot take off. the VNAV and LNAV buttons should be lit (because you pressed them before taking off). I am not sure, but if your first waypoint is too much of an angle out of the takeoff course, the plane cannot follow it and God knows what will happen. Henri

Henri Arsenault

Are you using the Saitek throttle quadrant? If so, I advance the throttles to 40%, then to full, and then push TOGO. I think what's happening is that sim is reading your physical throttle handle position, and overriding the AT. There are also settings for this that may help in FMC under the PMDG settings. - John
Pretty sure this is the problem. I do have a connectivity issue sometimes ill notice it with the lights flickering on my joystick,Ill give this a go and see if this is the problemthanks

Derek Lane

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Yup that was definitly the problem works great now, thanks guys

Derek Lane

AirHaul Airline Alliance

By the way guys, where is the TOGA button, it used to be a screw on the 747400 but when I press the screw on the NGX I hear a click but nothing happens. Alex Chung

The toga is an invisible button on the front - check the tutorial to see exactly where, there is a picture. Henri

Henri Arsenault

In the aircraft options in the CDU, there's an option to select "NEVER" for throttle override. Select it. The TOGA clickspot is at 8 o'clock from the captain's CRS knob on the MCU. You may have to hold your mouse in place for a second to see the cursor change to a "push button" indicator.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200