Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Compatibility - FSX Flight Plans?

Hello All --- I know my previous PMDG aircraft (747 + MD-11) were not compatible with FSX flight plans. I need to know about the NGX, since I design and use many airports around the world that are ficticous, and thus aircraft nav systems must be compatible with these non-Navigraph facilities, navaids, etc. Please let me know how the NGX was designed in this regard. Compatible with (reads at least) the MSFS nav database? Many Thanks -- Bob cool.png

It is really really easy to modify/add custom airport/runways/approaches using navigraph format. I remember adding the CZBM and CYCG approaches using only notepad. Eric Blais

The free FSCaptain program flight plans can be saved in the PMDG format and can be read into the FMC. I have done it so it works. Henri

Henri Arsenault

Hiya Guys -- hey, thanks for the info. This will help with my decision. I will give FSCaptain a try and learn the data formats. Many Thanks --- Bob

The free FSCaptain program flight plans can be saved in the PMDG format and can be read into the FMC. I have done it so it works. Henri
Which program is this, please? The only FSCaptain I know of is the FSPAX-alike, that gives you a virtual pilot career. Can you provide a link? Thanks. Paul

Paul Skol

Which program is this, please? The only FSCaptain I know of is the FSPAX-alike, that gives you a virtual pilot career. Can you provide a link?
Oops, really sorry the initials are the same (FSC). The program is FS Commander. Just google it and let me know in the unlikely case it is not the first in the list. It is free to use for 30 minutes as often as you like, which is plenty of time to make a flightplan, but it is worth buying IMHO. Henri

Henri Arsenault