Sign in to follow this  
flygutt

Cockpit sound

I've compared the cockpit sound of the NGX (the WAV-file) to some video clips I have from some 737NG cockpits.One of them where the aircraft is just finished with one flight and preparing for another I find that the sound of the NGX does match.But of the other clip where the aircraft has been shut down for a night stop (video clip included) I find that the sound do not match. Take a look on the video clip and listen Regards Stig HaraldNorway

I have to ask: why did you feel it necessary to make this comparison? I would never in a million years have noticed. Seems odd, to me, to look for problems that almost no-one would ever spot.

Paul Skol

Hi Stig, Everyone may have different opinions, and its relatively.. But i really think the team have spend hours to simulate and make the best sound pack as a developer..

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

As with lighting - pictures and recordings don't always produce 100% accuracy. Listening to some web video I seriously doubt with all the other noise going on that one could really pinpoint if a certain sound is really accurate. I trust the NG pilots, FOs on this team since they in fact have the rl cockpits as their office.

It's not to be complaining, I dont want to complain over a product like this and I do not doubt about the developers knowledge. But PMDG want our feedback and I notice a difference and Im wondering why the sound is different.I include the first clip here wich I mentioned in the first post. Here I find the sound do match. Its taken with the same camera, but on another aircraft wich have the cockpit windows open. Sounds to me like theres an extra fan running on this clip.

It's not to be complaining, I dont want to complain over a product like this and I do not doubt about the developers knowledge. But PMDG want our feedback and I notice a difference and Im wondering why the sound is different.I include the first clip here wich I mentioned in the first post. Here I find the sound do match. Its taken with the same camera, but on another aircraft wich have the cockpit windows open. Sounds to me like theres an extra fan running on this clip.
Maybe its a 500,600,700? You can't really tell from just looking at the cockpit

To be honest I don't think these videos tell anything about how sounds should or should not be. You'd have to know the exact setting of everything, cooling, packs, recircs to draw pretty much any conclusion. Just my $.02. Peace.gifsig.gif