Jay, I got the NGX and I'm using ASE with DWC and I was getting S Turns, I configured FSUPIC to help can what do I need to do to ASE to make it work, should I just leave DWC on?Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi, Will assume you mean me!! Yes, that is a start, so now see with the NGX in a flight. Next would be the suggestions in the revisions file.

WHat is the revisions file?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi, Sorry, look to the Readme.rtf file in your main ASE folder not the Revisions file.

Ron, Try those settings in FSUIPC ini file with DWC: SuppressCloudTurbulence=YesUpperWindGusts=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=YesSuppressWindVariance=YesWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=Yes If they will work, you wont need additional smoothing other that DWC. Cheers,

But when I suppress all that settings above, what kind of wheater will I have? Landing windless? Fair winds even when guts of 30knots are present?

But when I suppress all that settings above, what kind of wheater will I have? Landing windless? Fair winds even when guts of 30knots are present?
No, this way you suppress weather generated bu FSUIPC, all effects will still come from ASE. In my opinion they are sometimes in conflict causing strange behavior like s-turns. Just try, it wont hurt...

Ah, ok, that sounds better, thank you very much for that information, it works fine now.

So guys, is there a way to stop these s-turns with an unregisterd fsuipc, there ruining my ngx flights, getting a very erratic speed tape aswell resulting in overspeed and erratic climb. Thanks for any input

Chris Howard

Hi, You can first try the suggestions in the Readme that do not require FSUIPC Registered and see if they work for you and your system!

So guys, is there a way to stop these s-turns with an unregisterd fsuipc, there ruining my ngx flights, getting a very erratic speed tape aswell resulting in overspeed and erratic climb. Thanks for any input
You can see very rapid wind changes on your plane's wind indicator and speed tape but only with free FSUIPC installed and running, am I right? Disabling turbulence effects is recommended by Dr, Vaos so you should do it anyway, this will remove strange behavior of plane (it will fly straight) but will not eliminate the source of this behavior, disabling FSUIPC's weather options will, but to do this you need registered version (but don't ask me for refound it it wont help, haha tongue.png ) @Jim, All people who suffered of s-turns+rapid wind/IAS changes and who used above .ini settings have reported back that s-turns have disappeared permanently, including user two posts above I guess: "thank you very much for that information, it works fine now". Cheers,

O.K Cheers guys i will have a fiddle

Chris Howard