Sign in to follow this  
738Captain

VOR FPS drop

I noticed when I tune a near by VOR frequency,I get a drop in FPS by as much as 5-6 FPS. I find thats very strange.

Another strange thing I noticed is,when the FPS drops the aircraft shakes side to side,when in the air.

How close is the VOR frequency you're tuning?

Usually,the departure airport but I did another test with an enroute VOR which was about 20 n.m away and the same effect.

No one else experienced or noticed this?
I just tried it at alicante airport (eiresim). After tuning to Alicante VOR (ATE) 114,45 my fps dropped with almost 10 fps!

If you adjust the freq by mouse, it must be the mouse pointer that makes you loose frames.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

If you adjust the freq by mouse, it must be the mouse pointer that makes you loose frames.
No. Even after minutes the fps are 10 down. After resetting the vor the fps goes straight back to normal. Jeroen

No one else experienced or noticed this?
Yesterday i did a flight from zurich to vienna. Had around 15 fps on ground which is quite good for my system. After setting the navigation radios to two vor's nearby my fps dropped to around 7. When selecting a different frequentie the fps where back at 15 again. Jan-Paul

The problem is not related with the radio tuning, its related with showing the VOR radial on the ND. If you disable that the FPS will stay stable even with the VOR bearing pointer displayed on ND.

Showing the VOR radial is really a FPS killer on my system, too. I just disabled it in the FMS setup and everything is fine now.