Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Traffic Pattern

I really want to do touch and go's in my NGX but I don't know how to set it up. Is there a way to program a route to be in a traffic pattern so that I can work on my landings or do I have to manually fly it crosswind, downwind, base leg, final, etc.?

Probably best to just manual fly it. You can put the runway on the ND and then use some fix range rings to make distance from the airport. Otherwise what you can do is find a waypoint on the approach (FAF for example) and make some place, bearing, range waypoints (PBR)... for example (try this if you want) go to CYYC runway 16 and put in these waypoints:SESDOSESDO073/5ZYC073/5ZYCRWY 16 This will give you a fairly tight traffic pattern with a 4 mile final. Cam

Wow. Thanks guys for the quick response. It'll be interesting to try it out on this bird. I've been playing with the failures and I gotta say, the QRH is the handiest and most easy to use manual every.

Now how exactly can you draw a ring around a waypoint?

Now how exactly can you draw a ring around a waypoint?
Fix page, enter the waypoint you want to draw the ring around using LSK1, then do / followed by your distance to create the cicrle.

Great topic Joel! Heading out now to try these out. Awesome video post up there too.

fix page do not work on my ngx Confused.gif
What are you having problems with? Can you not get it to accept a fix, a distance, or what?

fix page do not work on my ngx Confused.gif
what do u mean? Step1 : Click on FIXStep2 : LSK1 Enter FIX ID (eg. JFK, VRB)Step3 : LSK2 enter "/3" (this will create the 3 nm circle around the FIX

What are you having problems with? Can you not get it to accept a fix, a distance, or what?
Look at FCOM v2 page 1072. They wrote:
Route Intersection Point CopiedPushing the line select key for one of the RAD/DIS entries copies the fix place/bearing/distance definition into the scratchpad. This fix can be placed into the route on a LEGS page as a waypoint.
This function doesnt work for me. I know I can do it in different way, but I want this. Lj. Prodanovic

Lj, We'll look at fixing that fix page functionality - but you CAN still do this type of thing manually. Just enter (Place)(Bearing)/(Distance) in the LEGS page. So for example - JFK180/4 - that will make a waypoint located at the JFK 180 radial, 4 DME when you line select it into a slot on the page.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Lj, We'll look at fixing that fix page functionality - but you CAN still do this type of thing manually. Just enter (Place)(Bearing)/(Distance) in the LEGS page. So for example - JFK180/4 - that will make a waypoint located at the JFK 180 radial, 4 DME when you line select it into a slot on the page.
I know I can do that, tnx anyway, I wanted to know if its bug in fix mode or improper usage by me. Its not to important for me, I just noticed it not reflect RL functionality. :-) take your time to fix it Lj. Prodanovic