Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

The PMDG NGX has turned me into an FS9er -sort of...

Actually what I mean by that is we all hear from the die hard FS9 users that they dont switch to FSX due to a special plane, scenery or any combination of those things and thus stick to FS9. Well, in the same regards, I am now thinking along the same lines as those FS9ers. The NGX of which I feel like I have been waiting 10 years for, is such an awesome a/c and such a pleasure to fly due to the great feel of the controls, the awesome sound set, and just about every other exact feature, most of which I haven't even come across yet, that until PMDG either ports or builds one for Flight, I will remain on FSX until that day.When I switched to FSX, I was bummed that my favorite plane which was the FS9 version of the 737 wasn't available for FSX. I've spent the last 3 years making due with the LDS767 and PMDG 747, both of which are great a/c and also nice to fly, but lacked the versatility I wanted in a 737 to get into some smaller airports like Santos Dumont in Rio or Congonhas in Sao Paulo or others of that nature.Well, after three years of waiting for my a/c and now receiving it and being absolutely blown away with it, I will not be make the same choice the next go around with Flight and settling for flying a/c that aren't truely what I want. Sounds just like what some of the FS9 guys have been saying this whole time in regards to FSX and now I feel like I am in the same boat in regards to Flight.Hat's of and a big thanks to PMDG, their Dr., sound engineer, The Boss (RSR), Ryan (Tabs), and everyone else I dont know or haven't mentioned for delievering an a/c that is an absolute dream and surpasses even my wildest expectations :-)Regards

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I feel the same way. I'm not looking forward to Flight, unless ORBX and all my favorite planes are ported over for FREE, and I don't think that's going to happen.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Great comments and I am sure you are not alone. Many pilots that I know of are upgrading to FSX because of PMDG, but also because of other amazing addon aircraft such as Carando, RealAir and scenery such as SimAddOns and OrbX.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

I'll be running both for sure (Flight and X)... just like how I ran 9 and X when X came out.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The original poster's point is well stated. Thanks to iFly I won't be switching from FS9 anytime soon. Flight will be my next full upgrade, PC and all. If Flight turns out to be less than what it should be (both default and accessable to third party developers) I'll make the move at that time to FSX. By then new 'moderate' machines will be able to run FSX pretty nicely right out of the box with little to no tweaks. I, like most FS9ers don't want to invest in new hardware only to do it again when Flight comes out. We're already most likely going to go through a couple hardware upgrades in Flight's life cycle why add to that? If Flight wasn't around the corner I would be upgrading now to FSX for no other reason than the NGX...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Agreed. With every previous new version of FS, I've been in the first wave of adopters. This time will be different. I'm sure I'll get around to Flight eventually, and at some point it will become my sole FS platform. But I'll let others go be the guinea pigs, and wait until some of my favorite add-ons (from A2A, 4X/Aerosoft and PMDG) are available, or until there are Flight-compatible equivalents. The added advantage is that I can wait a while to build a new system, and when I finally do, it'll be that much more capable. It took me a computer purchase, then a fresh build, then a heavy revision to that build before I could get FSX performing right. I'd rather get to Flight all in one move.

imho from what i have seen so far flight should be sold or given away as sp3 for fsx, it is monumentally unimpressive and under whelming. I am much more prepared to stay with fsx now with all that is coming out fom orbyx and pmdg and one or two others rather than start agin and have to wait 3 more years before flight comes of age. all you have to do is look at the fsim history, it is every 3rd version that hits a good spot, much like windows.

Nigel.Porter

There is always the possibility that the current FSX "Yummy" aircraft will work in "Flight".

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

There is always the possibility that the current FSX "Yummy" aircraft will work in "Flight".
If all FSX addons can be installed and work 100 % but with an improved engine etc then it will be a winner for sure.

How many of us say the same thing. We all succumb sooner or later. The lure of a new incarnation of our beloved game, whilst convincing ourselves that it is far more than just a game, is just too much. It's in our very nature. We are Simmers.

How many of us say the same thing. We all succumb sooner or later. The lure of a new incarnation of our beloved game, whilst convincing ourselves that it is far more than just a game, is just too much. It's in our very nature. We are Simmers.
I've bought the DC10 Warthog....another simulator.....add it to the collection....doubt very much if I will have to time to learn and fly it but at least I've got it now Hypnotized.gif

XPlane 10 is looking pretty good especially if they model ATC and AI traffic...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

XPlane 10 is looking pretty good especially if they model ATC and AI traffic...
Agreed!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

It really all depends on the toolkit MS will provide developers, and how different the development will be between FSX and Flight. A big reason why FS9 broke off from FSX was because of the huge difference in development for these two. So some developers stayed in FS9 world while others started developing for FSX. To me it simply seems like Flight is using the same old engine with shaders, if development for it is similar to FSX, you will be addons propagating into Flight very very quickly.

I hated FSX more than I hate the most hateful thing when it came out. And I promised myself by every "virgin mary" out there that I would never switch to FSX. However, after nearly 5 years I made the jump..and now I am enjoying every bit of it. WARNING: I will have to warn you, and not make false promises...In order to get FSX to work properly and enjoy the highest-quality add-ons out there I had to spend roughly $5,000 U.S. including all top add-ons and gear; follow every installation steps by Nick; use *******'s tweaks, and spend many weeks of researching and bulding FSX... So, trust me, FSX is not for the faint of the-wallet, least yet the mind! Trust me ! I repeat..."Trust Me!" Johnny