Sign in to follow this  
fsxenthusiast

taxi speed & pushback help.

I'm kinda curious as i haven't had much time to be reading the manual in whole right now and I've not been able to find the answer by searching atm, and am just wondering if anyone can answer this question for me. When i'm taxiing, the airspeed indicator on the PFD is showing 45 knots constantly, I'm thinking I haven't activated something on the panel, but not sure. and also when I'm pushing back, i will try to do a shift + 2 to do a pushback/right turn, but the plane will only go straight, I can do a push back + left turn but not the right turn.. and on the FMC if i try to use the push back feature on the FMC, the plane goes forward instead of backwards.. Most likely I must have something set up wrong, but as I said, I haven't had days off yet and haven't had a chance to fully read these manuals, just have skimmed over certain parts so far.

The PFD should stay at 45 until you go above that, so nothing wrong there. Now that said, I'm not really sure why the FMC push back feature is moving you froward. Can't say I've ever come across that before. Is that something that happens every time you try to use the push-back feature in the FMC?

In regards to the pfd showing 45 knots.. it feels like it's taxiing at 45knots for some reason too, I don't have to push my throttles up at all for the aircraft to start to move.. is it the same for you? it seems to be counteracting the pushback feature in FMC is what I'm thinking.. I can pushback just fine by just doing the keyboard short cut, but not via fmc, and can't get the aircraft to turn right during a manual push back. I think i tried the push back feature in the FMC a couple times on the same flight and each time the aircraft wanted to go forward as if it was counteracting the pushback.

When you don't have to move the throttles for the plane to move, are you lightly loaded? I haven't tried flying extremely light, so I don't know if it will move without power, but the plane should taxi fairly easily. I'm really not sure about the push back issue, unfortunately. Hopefully someone else will have an idea for you.

i just tried the pushback on the 800 WL model and it worked so it may have just been me not doing something right.. and i think my plane was fully loaded as for throttle, but i'm about to do a short flight to practice my landings so i'll check on it all again lol.