Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

Auto Takeoff; Visual Flight Path

Hi I read here that you can automatically takeoff in FSX if you just accelerate. This happens, however, not until I am off the runway. I am flying from YSSY. I have FSX Gold Edition on Windows 7. However, when flying the default A321, it takes off in time. If I try to pitch a plane myself, it goes too much nose up and I am always climbing or descending. Secondly, I cannot get the Visual Flight Path to display. If I list my main routes, it may help to enable it.They are:

1. YSSY - YMML
  2. YSSY - NFFN
  3. YSSY - VHHH - EGLL

Can someone provide step-by-step simple instructions on how to enable it? (I have used the demo for many months, but I am new to the full version.) Thanks and please reply ASAP.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

Hi Yahoo answers is not the best place to get flying tips ;) If trimmed nose up enough any aircraft will eventually start to pitch up if the runway is long enough however this is not correct procedure in any aircraft. If you are just flying the default aircraft and not using any V speeds then use a figure of 140 -150 knots as a rough guide to rotating the aircraft, if your aircraft is pitching up you are probably rotating at the wrong speed with the wrong trim setting.

Rob Prest

Do you have a joystick or yoke? It is very difficult to fly in FSX using the keyboard alone.

no i dont have a joystick/yoke btw anything about visual flight path?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Hi Yahoo answers is not the best place to get flying tips ;) If trimmed nose up enough any aircraft will eventually start to pitch up if the runway is long enough however this is not correct procedure in any aircraft. If you are just flying the default aircraft and not using any V speeds then use a figure of 140 -150 knots as a rough guide to rotating the aircraft, if your aircraft is pitching up you are probably rotating at the wrong speed with the wrong trim setting.
How long is long enough? Why would this work with the A321 and nothing else? If youre familiar with YSSY, i am using rwy 16R/34L.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Ok, it's probably best to get Auto takeoff's out of your mind, they don't exist in the real world. The yahoo post you quoted is talking about light aircraft not airliners. In order to correctly take off in a airliner you need to calculate your take off weight and CG , you will then be able to calculate the correct V speeds and trim setting to rotate and climb safely. Also keep in mind the default FS aircraft are not accurate at all so it's probably not worth thinking about why the A321 and 747 act differently. Regards

Rob Prest

... and get a joystick.. even a cheap one is better than none.. sad.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Turn on the altitude hold on the ground, set the vertical speed. Keep the autopilot off. Start your takeoff roll, when you get to about 100 kts, turn on the autopilot (press Z), and will rotate, takeoff, and begin to fly the V/S to the target alt. You may have to do it a few times to get the right V/S, and ias to turn on A/P. That's the closest method I can think of to have a auto takeoff, not realistic in the least, but it might do what you need. Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

anything about visual flight path?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

anything about visual flight path?
I don't think many people here use it. From memory, you will need to have a VOR or ILS tuned to the NAV1 or NAV2 radio, the course selector set, and then you should enable the visual flight path from the menu system.

I don't think many people here use it. From memory, you will need to have a VOR or ILS tuned to the NAV1 or NAV2 radio, the course selector set, and then you should enable the visual flight path from the menu system.
In english please?ie i dont know what you mean.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

I read here that you can automatically takeoff in FSX if you just accelerate. This happens, however, not until I am off the runway. I am flying from YSSY. I have FSX Gold Edition on Windows 7. However, when flying the default A321, it takes off in time.
Roll out fast enough in an airplane and, given enough runway, it will eventually take off. It's not some "automatic" feature, it's just physics/Bernoulli's principle at work. Most of the default airplanes in FSX have rather hokey flight modelling and airfiles, including the A321. As already stated in this thread, you still have to manually trim an aircraft for takeoff, and you still have to control the airplane. Common sense must prevail. Also as already stated, Yahoo Answers is a poor source for reliable information.

What the heck's so bad about buying a joystick???? There are all kinds of knock-off stores that sell cheapo sticks - Radio Shack has one for $19.95 with 12 buttons and 3 axes! http://www.epinions.com/PC_Gaming_Devices--type__search__joystick

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.