Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

I can't autoland my NGX

I'm doing a short flight from KLAX-KBUR to test the autoland and for some reason it's not working, when I'm trying to selet both CMD A & B it selects only on of them either A or B but not both. Is there anything I need to do to make it work, I have no problem with my ifly 737 or pmdg 747 or LeveLD 767. Thanks. Evan Banalian.

You need to have APP active and captured the glideslope before engaging the second autopilot. The other planes work differently and the iFly isn´t as good a 737 simulation as the NGX.

You don't need GS capture before engaging the second autopilot. Also, you need both NAV recievers set to the ILS frequency:

One VHF NAV receiver must be tuned to an ILS frequency before the approachmode can be selected. For a dual A/P approach, the second VHF NAV receivermust be tuned to the ILS frequency and the corresponding A/P engaged in CMDprior to 800 feet RA.
Henry Lidster

Well I tried it and I need GS capture before engaging the second autopilot. Don´t know why you don´t.

Today on a flight from SCEL-SPIM, I was able to perform an autoland (due to limited visibility) with both AP engaged. Just check and verify that both VHF NAV1 and NAV2 radios are tuned to the same ILS frequency. Check that both FDs are on. I engaged the right AP switch after the glideslope was captured. I'm not sure if this was a factor though, but I will try to engage it prior to glideslope capture on my next flight.

You can select in the options if GS have to be captured or not... What I wonder:I have had some succesful Autolands, but never have had LAND 3 in the Display as stated in the manual.... bug or user error?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can select in the options if GS have to be captured or not... What I wonder:I have had some succesful Autolands, but never have had LAND 3 in the Display as stated in the manual.... bug or user error?
On that last flight I had "LAND 3" display on the FMA. It felt great at that time (due to very poor visibility and low overcast ceiling).

Today on a flight from SCEL-SPIM, I was able to perform an autoland (due to limited visibility) with both AP engaged. Just check and verify that both VHF NAV1 and NAV2 radios are tuned to the same ILS frequency. Check that both FDs are on. I engaged the right AP switch after the glideslope was captured. I'm not sure if this was a factor though, but I will try to engage it prior to glideslope capture on my next flight.
You can do a CATIII landing at a CA2 airport (I have done it), maybe that is why it was not displaying. henri

Henri Arsenault

hmmm. then must be sth missing on my side... will have another look into the manuals (oh no, the second one ;) )

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

This is exactly my issue, look here

The crew training manual has a good comparison between the two auto land modes starting on the bottom of page 5.26 that compares the differences between fail pass and fail op. Basically, pass fail will indicate LAND 2 or 3 and perform the rollout in addition to the flare, fail pass will not. Fail op is what most people think of when they imagine an autoland.

Can you expand on what those two terms (fail pass and fail op) mean novacane, I can't access manuals at the moment?

Fail OP is the big Autoland that will flare and roll (be sure to kill the autoflight when exiting the runway, or the AUTOLAND will play havoc with the nose wheel! First hand knowledge of that one). Fail PASS is the older one, that can be used with the analog standby gauges, the older MCP, and is a bit more limited in functionality.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/