Sign in to follow this  
marcon8122

CDU Freeze solved how i've done

Two days ago i've done some post about CDU feeze during route and parameters insertion before takeoff. Now after few test i've found a solution that seem to works very well for me. I've tested this metod with C&D startup and with other panel situations. The fix is this one: Use exactly this order to insert route / parameters in CDU 1) Load the panel state you want 2) Set fuel & payload Ok this is the most important part 3) Align the IRS and insert the pos init. 4) Insert your route WITHOUT SID AND STAR 5) Insert GW etc... 6) Set the N1 page 7) Set the takeoff page 8) NOW and only now insert dep/arrival runway with sid & star and delete discontinuity with legs page. 9) A message will tell you that Vspeed are deleted just reinsert it. With this sequence i had no freezes also in route where i had cdu freeze without patches or tricks in file. The thing that i think will save from freezes is to insert sid and star at last thing just before takeoff Tell me if it works, Have nice flights My installation : FSX + Acceleration pack, Active sky evolution, fsuipc full, 737 NGX, win7 64.

what are u going to do, if the wind at your destination changes during the flight?

During flight i've tried to change runway and star without problem. After takeoff no problem of cdu freeze. I'n doing a YouTube video to show how to freeze cdu and after how to fix with the Same parameters

Nice to know there is a workaround until a fix can be released. / Tom

Always great to read how one can get it solved. Not that I have bought the NGX yet (I will soon)since I´m struggling to have all things back (also Fs9 with all addons) after I got my newcomputer. (see specs)Thanks Marco!/ Leffe

Nice! This was annoying me really much! But i haven't tried this method yet. I will tell if that helped me! :)

What I have found so far: It happens only, when entering LEGS page! And I think, it just freezes if Altitude and Speed couldn't be calculated in the LEGS page.This means, first enter your Performance Data, Takeoff Speeds etc, then enter LEGS page. So, you can insert SID and STARS also when entering the route etc. you can make everything! Just to be sure, hitting LEGS page after entering Performance Data ... Hope my observations are true.Would be nice to get some feedback about this ....

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah it certainly does my friend been flying allday again today no issues but as soon as i want to change runway at destination airport bang !

Strange i'll try i use topcat + active sky meteo to see the destination airport runway i have tried to change dest runway in flight but i had no freeze. I'm happy that this solution works :D

I'm afraid that tomorrow i'll fly to Sicily :( for 15 days but i'll follow the forum to try to help with good food and sun

While I don't have this issue, I have seen similar crashes/freezes with the 737pic ( enter stars, RW etc enroute ) after updating the Navigraph airac files....it could be this that causes the problems.Chris Farrell

Always great to read how one can get it solved. Not that I have bought the NGX yet (I will soon)since I´m struggling to have all things back (also Fs9 with all addons) after I got my newcomputer. (see specs) Thanks Marco! / Leffe
fs9 if u planning to get the ngx u need fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg