Sign in to follow this  
Fokker Driver

Light version?

Hello PMDG team, is there a light version of the model planned for one of the next releases? I know you guys are very good and you have proven it very well on programming and modeling the 737, but honestly in the simulator I don't care about anything behind the cockpit door.wink.pngOr such things like serial number on the sliding window ... The systems are awesome, but there is way too much detail in the model for a simulation. Kind Regards,Patrick

Hello PMDG team, is there a light version of the model planned for one of the next releases? I know you guys are very good and you have proven it very well on programming and modeling the 737, but honestly in the simulator I don't care about anything behind the cockpit door.wink.pngOr such things like serial number on the sliding window ... The systems are awesome, but there is way too much detail in the model for a simulation. Kind Regards,Patrick
there is a lighter model available in a lighter enviroment as well. the PMDG 737NG for FS2004

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

there is a lighter model available in a lighter enviroment as well. the PMDG 737NG for FS2004
Actually, its developed for fs2002, just ported to 2004 Lj. Prodanovic

Thx, I had this combination ... Guys, nothing to be taken away from you. Just to add a second model without all those graphical gimmicks behind the cockpit, to get better frame rates (beside all those hints in the introduction).

Unless you're runnig an ancient (by ancient i mean around 6600gt nvidia series) card, you would be lucky to get 1fps gain by removing all those details like stickers and fingerprints on mfd. The biggest poly and fps hogs are the 3D switches and mfds. Anything beyond the cockpit doors is clamped and not drawn while you're in the cockpit.

I dont think you can make this model even more lighter than it already is...

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Suggestion: get a new High-End computer anno 2011. The future will always going forward, not backwards..../ Leffe

No thank you.
+1

Chris Howard

Fly the fsx default perfect solution to your questionIt would be sacrilege to dummy down this aircraftit would be like the Mona Lisa without her head

John C

The systems are awesome, but there is way too much detail in the model for a simulation.
Wow, I guess you just can't please everyone... For some it'll always be too little, for others it'll always be too much. LOL
What an odd thread
+1... sig.gif