Sign in to follow this  
julianmelzig@gmx.de

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + PMDG 737 NGX

Hello everybody, First of all, very nice Addon :) New Standard in Flight Simulation History i think. My Question: How can i assign keys of my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke to the 737ngx? There is a menu in the cdu for programming key but only for the keyboard.

Many standard key commands are automatically picked up as I have that Yoke too with an additional throttle quadrant as my buttons work on TOGA, Autothrottle and AP Disconnect. What I'd like to do is apply button presses for Engine 1 Idle and Cutoff fuel controls and same for Engine 2 but I dont know how to do it. The CDU asks for Keyboard shortcuts but do these not need to be linked to what's defined in FSX standard control's options? There is no items for fuel controls or am I missing something. FSUIPC surely works in the same way as I used to have to use that to get the TOGA and some other things to work on the 744X Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Can't you program the joystick buttons in the FSX controls window? I haven't tried, and only the default buttons are programmed on my joystick (hat, throttle, brakes, flaps and trim). Henri

Henri Arsenault

You can program many items but there doesnt appear to be listings detailed enough for engine one idel, engine one cut off and same for engine two, if I assign a keyboard shortcut in the cdu on PMDG for those relevant items how can it work if the underlying FSX control settings doesnt possess these items? Perhaps someone from PMDG can help, perhaps it's an axis assignment as it doesnt appear under buttons Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Why aren't you using the Saitek profile software that came with the yoke?You can assign any function on the yoke as a keyboard key press.

Open up the FSIPC setup procedure that comes with the latest version, follow step by step and you can program anything.

I do use the Saitek profiler and the 3 modes via the scroll switch but these are standard controls which are common to most aircraft. Think about it, say I enter 'Shift & E' for engine idle, how does the profile know what to do with that command if 'Shift & E' isn't in FSX's standard control settings assigned to a fuel switch command? I could try FSUIPC as it has a more comprehensive list of available commands Ibby

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

What about the sensitivity of -for example- the pitch?When I correct, I have quite agressive changes in pitch making flight unstable, especially during sharp turns (bank 30). Does anyone know a good tutorial/excercise how to fly stable steep turns? Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

I do use the Saitek profiler and the 3 modes via the scroll switch but these are standard controls which are common to most aircraft. Think about it, say I enter 'Shift & E' for engine idle, how does the profile know what to do with that command if 'Shift & E' isn't in FSX's standard control settings assigned to a fuel switch command? I could try FSUIPC as it has a more comprehensive list of available commands Ibby
Well, the Saitek controller doesn't do anything except activate Shift E when you press the button; the NGX does the rest. In your example you would go into the NGX menu and assign Shift E to the fuel switch command for one of the engines. There are two engines so you are going to need a second command for the second engine As an example I set up the left and right "idle" commands to be Cntrl Shift D and F, respectively. At 18% N2 I press these and the engines start (one at a time of course). Fuel cutoff is Cntrl D and F. Now you would assign the Shift E key command to a button on your setup with your Saitek software, or I use the FSINN key mapper in the stoplight thingy. It doesn't matter whether FSX has those key commands or not, the NGX bypasses that, apparently. It really is quite simple. Of course, whatever you had Shift E set to before won't work anymore while using the NGX as it will be overwritten and you get a warning about this before you finish setting it. .I use the FSINN key mapper for the PMDG 747 as well for the TOGA button, AP and autothrottle disconnects. The other axes like flaps, throttle, rudder etc. are normal FSX axes..The same thing can be done with FSUIPC although I personally don't mess with that.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized