Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Display of Aircrfat Repaints on the Online News page

I would like to suggest that the aircraft developer (PMDG, Project Airbus etc) be mentioned - and before the repaint or aircraft type.It is frustrating to follow a link to a potentially desirable repaint only to find that it refers to a developer whos product we do not have. Edit:And why is there no ability to "Edit" the topic title after submission? I have just seen that my title is wrongly spelt but the system does not alow me to correct it.

I would like to suggest that the aircraft developer (PMDG, Project Airbus etc) be mentioned - and before the repaint or aircraft type.It is frustrating to follow a link to a potentially desirable repaint only to find that it refers to a developer whos product we do not have.
Per library policy we do not include company/organization names in the title bar as it's generally redundant as the company name should be included in either the author or description field. You may want to e-mail library at avsim dot com to make this suggestion to Jerel Hayes, Library Director.
Edit: And why is there no ability to "Edit" the topic title after submission? I have just seen that my title is wrongly spelt but the system does not alow me to correct it.
In order to access the option to edit the title, follow the link below the quick edit box that says "Full editor".

I'm really sorry for that, blindly forgot to mention that my repaints are for PMDG in a few of my latest releases. Won't happen from me again :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Thank you for the heads-up about the "Full Edit" - that was lazy of me. Re my comment about the repaint listing, you say that the company name "should be included" - but it almost never is - see todays four examples in the 2004 list.And I should have to email people about this? You are a Senior Staffer - is it not within your remit to make sure that things here are as they "should be"? Thank you.

You're right, I will send a message to the library staff regarding your suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Thank you for the heads-up about the "Full Edit" - that was lazy of me. Re my comment about the repaint listing, you say that the company name "should be included" - but it almost never is - see todays four examples in the 2004 list.And I should have to email people about this? You are a Senior Staffer - is it not within your remit to make sure that things here are as they "should be"? Thank you.
The company/developer name is usually mentioned in the author and/or description fields. It is not allowed in the title.