Sign in to follow this  
ajax6

Need some help with Jesus advice....

Hi, I followed the advice to have my fsx.cfg tweaked and tuned by ******* at Venetubo. And among other recommendations I got this: "You have 3 video card entries in your fsx.CFG file. That doesn't look right." And sure enough, in my cfg file there's one ATI Radeon (red below), one GTX470 (green below) and another ATI (red) listed. The one in my system is the GTX470. So - do I just delete the two red ATI text passages and keep the GTX in the cfg file, or what? And - my OS is Vista 64 bit's. Should the GTX Mode be =1920x1080x64 instead of the listed =1920x1080x32? Thx for your support! ........SelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series.0]Mode=1680x1050x32[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470.0]Mode=1920x1080x32[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255...........................SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series .0]Mode=1920x1080x32[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3..........

The 32 represents what color mode you are in. It can either be 16-bit or 32-bit. In your case, you are in the 32-bit mode.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

One thing that a lot of people are doing is renaming their FSX.cfg to a backup (rename to something like FSX.bak) and then when they start FSX, FSX rebuilds the FSX.cfg. Then run it through http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html. You'll have to then reconfigure your scenery sliders, screen resolution etc.. from within FSX. As for the 32 vs 64 bit operating system, that is a completely different thing from 32 bit color depth in your monitor settings.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Why 64? Lj. Prodanovic
Good question. I guess the 32 in cfg is the FSX resolution figure and no relation to my OS (64 bit)

Actually, why don't you delete your fsx.cfg (after backing it up), reboot FSX so that it rebuilds the cfg, and then run fsx.cfg through venetubo again. If you've got multiple GPU entries, your cfg is probably in a state of disrepair. Many people have done this and confirmed that it helps. And, if it ends up being worse, just replace the rebuilt cfg with the backup you made. Voila!Trevor

Good question. I guess the 32 in cfg is the FSX resolution figure and no relation to my OS (64 bit)
refer to my post above.....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Hm. What I did was copy my original cfg file and rename it fsx.cfg_backup and stored it in a separate folder in "My documents". Then I went to Venetubo and let them get, analyze and mod my cfg file from FSX. I then downloaded their modded version and exchanged the original one in FSX with the on from *******. Seems to work just fine!!!