Sign in to follow this  
lensman

No flights, all CTDs

Hi all,This is just for the record. System specs are at the bottom of this note. I've tried more than two dozen flights but *all* have frozen and CTD'd or just CTD'd. All but 3 of the flights followed the tutorial. Some CTDs were while on the ground, some during the takeoff roll, most in the air. All setup instructions from the Introduction that can be implemented have been implemented. As the PMDG MD-11, 747X, & J41 all work fine, I'm going to assume there is a PEBKAC and put the 737NGX aside for a while and watch this forum for a while. (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair == PEBKC). Dan "lensman" Davison SysSpecs: Asus P6T MB, 6 GB Crucial CL9 RAM, Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5, Antec 900 case, XFX 850W PS, 2x 1TB WD Caviar Green, 2X ODD, 60GB SSD (not used, for future W7 install), Win XP Pro SP3+ patches, FSX+Acceleration, licensed FSUIPC, FSDreamTeam KJFK, Catalyst 11.6 drivers, /3GB switch. FSX.CFG optimized by Bojtes' web site, HIGHMEMFIX=1, Affinitymask=14. Max GDDR5 memory used 890 MB, max CPU: i7-920@2.66, hyperthreading and speedstep on, otherwise all bios at default settings Usual CPU speed 2.88

I am in a similar boat, I refreshed my config file, so far so good
Thanks! I'll give a refresh-the-config-file a try. Dan 'lensman' Davison

Thanks! I'll give a refresh-the-config-file a try. Dan 'lensman' Davison
did'nt work yet another fatal error

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

did'nt work yet another fatal error
Hey Alex, which .dll is causing your CTDs? I had a g3d.dll one last night when I was on approach into Coffs Harbour with Orbx scenery.

Isn´t the g3d.dll CTD a Orbx thing? I had a similar crash, as I flew the NGX over PNW.

Isn´t the g3d.dll CTD a Orbx thing? I had a similar crash, as I flew the NGX over PNW.
Funny, I just descended into Portland over ORBX PNW this evening and got the "Fatal Error" CTD. Loaded it back up at Portland for a quick loop around the pattern and the same thing happened. Been flying all around Southern California this week with GEX, REX, and some MegaScenery stuff and no problems...hmmm... Sit it out, I'm sure PMDG will figure this one out soon...

Brandon Burkley

What other background programs are you running?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Just ASE, also using the D3D9 Antilag Limiter with ENB Series HDR Mod.

Brandon Burkley

I haven't got ORBX products, I will reinstall the pmdg NGX, see if that solves anything

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

tried two flights of late both had problems,the first one had ctd while i was just about to land in lfpg,the next panel freeze followed after i landed at eddfso we need to wait til pmdg settles thisvivek

g3d.dll CTD are pretty common for PNW scenery, I can guarantee that with such complex aircraft like NGX, it'll only be worse. I get these CTD's in the area in the default birds. GPU overload for sure.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm having simmilar issues, and this on a complete fresh FSX install. How do I acces the Error log something in Windows 7, to find out what caused this?