Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Autogen on Extremely Dense

Why is it that my new NGX runs better and more smooth with the slider above to the right ? Sad that i have to put the slider back in EGLL otherwise it will give me OOM and CTD but can someone explain why FSX runs smoother with better FPS with Autogen on MAX???? i7-950@4,2ghzHD5870 1GBRaptor 300GBWin 7 64 Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Not so here. More AutoGen = more problems.

Sad that i have to put the slider back in EGLL otherwise it will give me OOM and CTD
Try setting AI traffic and AutoGen to OFF. AI traffic leaks memory, and I'm not convinced AutoGen isn't seriously bugged/leaking memory as well as just being slow (I never cared to look). Best regards,Robin.

so it might be AI traffic that kills my EGLL approach. Did not se that coming. I have around 20-25FPS in VC with the NGX at EGLL up and running with the Autogen on MAX /Michael 6GB 1600mhz Dominator RAM

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Why is it that my new NGX runs better and more smooth with the slider above to the right ?
Taken from NickN's FSX setup guide at the Ground Environment X forums:(http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html)
One of the biggest mistakes people make is the thought that lower sliders = better perfomance. FSX is NOT a game, its a simulator and requires thinking a bit outside the box to tickle the hardware by the software settings and get it to run sweet1. DO NOT use the autogen restriction lines in the configuration file for buildings and trees if you are using SP1/SP2. In most cases those lines will throw off the priority system and make the sim run/stutter worse.2. Believe it or not, ZERO autogen slider can make frames drop, how? Same reason as above. Try to maintain at least 50+% (DENSE) however very slow systems may need to limit that to NORMAL/SPARCE or even OFF (off = rare must be very slow hardware)Keeping the autogen slider at DENSE or greater actually tends to raise frames. Going too high for the installed hardware and Scenery Complexity/weather is where perf starts to really drop

Guest Turboblower
Not so here. More AutoGen = more problems. Try setting AI traffic and AutoGen to OFF. AI traffic leaks memory, and I'm not convinced AutoGen isn't seriously bugged/leaking memory as well as just being slow (I never cared to look). Best regards,Robin.
BOLLOCKS

i find that Autogen works best for me at the far right end of the scale. Decreases about 5 if I go one notch down. I did learn from NickN i should say.

HOLY BANANA. Just did a flight VFR with the NGX around EGLL and London City with a go around and Autogen on MAX and Ultimate traffic 2 disabled CTRL-Shift-F9 and everything went smooth in the twenties . The best performance ever seen and RAM used by FSX around 2,7GB. After the Go around i activated UT2 over the city and BAM CTD Out of Memory but in task manager only 2GB was allocated at that moment? Looks like Traffic is a problem .How to overcome that problem guys`? ThanksMichael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

When you get a CTD, notify date and time and look in the event viewer was the root cause is for this ctd C:\Windows\System32\eventvwr.exe or type eventvwr in the start search boxTel me what you see

Well i just did a flight frome Arlanda to Heathrow disabling UT2 and i was able to land on 27L, but when taxi to gate i suddenly see that UT2 has enabled itself again and then i got the OOM again. Nothing shows as critically within the eventviewer . actually i dont know what to look for. This does not happen in other MEGA airports (besides the faulty EHAM frome Aerosoft) forinstance Regards Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

well yesterday i was flying between EGLL-EDDM and i did have a CTD at the very samespot twice in FL350. This issue was not the OOM that i have in EGLL or LFPG but i have found this in the eventviewer (application error 1000) Navn på program med fejl: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, tidsstempel: 0x475e17d3Navn på modul med fejl: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, tidsstempel: 0x475e180cUndtagelseskode: 0xc0000005Forskydning med fejl 0x000b50dfProces-id 0x1108Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01cc5925d63b6fcdProgramsti: E:\FSX\fsx.exeModulsti: E:\FSX\g3d.dllRapport-id: d1c11001-c525-11e0-a675-ecd6b6a0319athis is a earlier flight yesterday where i think the OOM acured Navn på program med fejl: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, tidsstempel: 0x475e17d3Navn på modul med fejl: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, tidsstempel: 0x4ce7ba58Undtagelseskode: 0xc0000005Forskydning med fejl 0x00033a93Proces-id 0x1174Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01cc58e947a2f6c5Programsti: E:\FSX\fsx.exeModulsti: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllRapport-id: b5ed732e-c4dc-11e0-b04c-fa7a2a20d29c

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png