Sign in to follow this  
MrRoper

Possible BUG - Can reproduce

OK got a possible BUG I know its not standard procedure but try the following: 800WL Variant (using Air Ryan Livery at the moment) From cold and dark

• Battery On
  • Standby power On
  • Emergency Lights armed
  • Start APU and wait to stableize
  • SET APU Transfer switch to ON
  • Both IRS to NAV and wait for position Prompt on FMC
  • Clear all FMC Messages
  • POS INIT > Enter IRS position from GPS L

Goto Route NOTE : MUST USE THE RTE Button on the FMC not the Route Line select

• Origin - EGCC
  • Dest - EGLL

goto DEP/ARR

• set Departure to HON1R / 23R

Press DEP/ARR Again

• Set Arrival to BNN1D ILS 27R Trans BNN
  • Change EFIS to PLAN mode
  • Click On legs

This will lock the Efis panel completly and also lock the FMC key entry and will remove all values from the Fuel Payload screens etc NOTE : This doesnt happen if you go to the legs page before setting the EFIS to PLAN or you use the Line select Route key after setting the IRS position I also have the FMC Expanded which might make a difference Can we try and reproduce it guys?

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

Chris, I tryied it and confirmed it is happening, I have informed the developing team And indeed completly unorthodox way to set up the FMC :)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I had a comparable problem enroute from EHAM to LFMN.Inserted a STAR for LFMN gotten ride of a route discount and then erased the added route. Because I wanted to enter a transition.When i returned to dep/arr page and selected a arr for LFMN the fmc would only say FMC (SEL)

Already fixed, thank you very much for your contribution.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Absolutely. Just for the heck of it I repro'd it a second ago. Great catch. But FYI, the CDU entries are not completely locked. You can enter stuff and see nothing right away, true. But hit LEGS and what you have entered will appear in the scratchpad. Anyways, glad to see it fixed. sig.gif

I have the same problem with the FMC when i start IVAP. I was setting up the FMC before i started IVAP. Everything was OK.But when i started IVAP, the text in the scratchpad was gone and i had to reload the aircraft to get it back.