Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Can the Bar at top of the screen be hidden?

Hi everyone,I just started for the first time ever running FSX in windowed mode as with the new NGX, I can get better performance by hiding the mouse on my second monitor. I have autohide turned on for the task bar at the bottom, but is there a way to hide the smaller FSX bar at the top so it seems like full screen? Not the bar when you hit the option key, but the program bar that is always visible when FSX is running. Any help is greatly appreciated. :) Best regards, Jeff

You can right-click on the upper-left window icon and click move. Then use the up arrow to move the window up. Then drag the lower edge down. I assume that you auto-hide the task bar. Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hi, You can reduce the size of the text and the bar in Windows. You can run almost in full windowed mode and then drag the top of the window up and then stretch the bottom, left and right sides.

Thanks guys,I'll give these a shot. :) Best regards, Jeff

Well, I tried it however, the MSFS bar at the top pops right back into place. For some reason, my monitor will not allow me to have it any other way, so I will have to live with it. I am running an Imac, so maybe it's something with this setup unlike a normal monitor by itself?? Who knows. Best regards, Jeff

Hello janvaane. I tried your mentioned work around but couldn't get it to work I did Alt+Tab, selected FSX, but then when I pressed Alt+Spacebar I couldn't get anything to happen. I tried many variation on this and couldn't get any results. Has this worked for you?