Sign in to follow this  
beep

800ng crashes at 20 feet on autoland land3

I tried an autoland on rw 31 at LKPR. All went very smooth. I had the minimums call at100 ft and was almost on touchdown when suddenly, in a blink of an eye, the plane banked more then 70° to the right and then to the left and hit the ground. I use ASE for the weather and Fscommander for the navaid.Anybody else had this happen on autoland? Jos Deniswin7 64 bit

Jos, I have made numerous Autolandings, as well as manual landings w/o experiencing your issue. Would you please try the same approach, only this time without any weather present? Let us know if this still occurs...... I'd also recommend researching weather smoothing.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I will fly the same approach tomorrow . I had also a number of autolands without a problem, that's why this one is so weird. Winds were almost calm. Weather smoothing set in FSUIPC and in ASE. Jos Denis

Just a shot in the air, but did you set the airport height in the pedestal? How high is this airport? Maybe the plane though it was on the ground and deployed the spoilers and reversers... Henri

Henri Arsenault

You mentioned you had ASE running. Do you have wake turbulence enabled in ASE and flying with AI traffic? It is possible you landed a bit too close to an AI plane and ASE's wake turbulence hit you.