Sign in to follow this  
Darwinian

How to use the HUG

Ive just finished the Tutorial and i must say it was very good for getting me going with this plane. I then decided to try my hand at a different route so i flew EGNM - EGAE and once again allowed the plane to auto land. Now i would like to land by hand (hopefully) but i need to know how to use the HUG system. Is there a tutorial for that anywhere. I basically want to know what i should be following when im flying towards the runway.

This is totally off topic, but to the people that rely only on the autoland system do you ever see the need to improve? I use autoland often but I feel guilty using it all the time, I don't think if some people cant hand fly an aircraft they should be flying at all, just my two cents.I commend you for willing to learn to land by hand.About that HUGS, There is definately a part in the manual to further your knowledge in the area of the HGS.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

This is totally off topic, but to the people that rely only on the autoland system do you ever see the need to improve? I use autoland often but I feel guilty using it all the time, I don't think if some people cant hand fly an aircraft they should be flying at all, just my two cents.I commend you for willing to learn to land by hand.About that HUGS, There is definately a part in the manual to further your knowledge in the area of the HGS.
Thanks JamaljeI'm very desperate to learn to fly her by hand. I always fly the departure turns by hand and she handles beautifully. Now Ive got the basics of the system during flight id love to land her by hand.Ill be sure to check the pages on the HUGs

Thanks JamaljeI'm very desperate to learn to fly her by hand. I always fly the departure turns by hand and she handles beautifully. Now Ive got the basics of the system during flight id love to land her by hand.Ill be sure to check the pages on the HUGs
With such a beautiful aircraft that flies so well, it's VERY nice to hand fly.That's what separates us Boeing boys from those at Airbus ;)Even as our technology grows, there is this aspect to Boeing aircraft that really connects the pilot to the plane, rather than connecting him to a computer.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I don't think if some people cant hand fly an aircraft they should be flying at all, just my two cents.
It's a game, man. That sounds like something from PPrune. He can fly it under a bridge inverted if he wants to.

David Porrett

It's a game, man. That sounds like something from PPrune. He can fly it under a bridge inverted if he wants to.
It's a simulator ;)>_<EDIT : And while it might not be Real Life, some of us dedicated Sim Pilots like to have everything to perfection, especially those who see real world flying as a future profession. What are you going to do when you loose all systems? Frantically push the APP button.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

They way I use a HUG is. I usually ask her for something I really want after the hug!! HUD? Oh, never mind!
lol LOL.gif

It's a simulator ;)>_<EDIT : And while it might not be Real Life, some of us dedicated Sim Pilots like to have everything to perfection, especially those who see real world flying as a future profession. What are you going to do when you loose all systems?Frantically push the APP button.
That's it!!

What you say is true, but with that aspect, there is no love for desktop piloting and no reason to even be doing it. I don't think PMDG put three years and thousands of man hours to build a Boeing clone that people would be flying inverted under the Golden Gate bridge.Anyone who loves this simulation, will also love flying with SOPs and correct procedures as close as they can. Bob

What you say is true, but with that aspect, there is no love for desktop piloting and no reason to even be doing it. I don't think PMDG put three years and thousands of man hours to build a Boeing clone that people would be flying inverted under the Golden Gate bridge.Anyone who loves this simulation, will also love flying with SOPs and correct procedures as close as they can. Bob
+1

If you think you're preparing yourself for the real world by hand flying it in fsx, you're in for a shock when you get in the real thing or even a level d. If he wants to focus on systems, whos to say his way is wrong? Since its not a game there can be no rules for playing!LOL.gif

Chris Hicks

If you think you're preparing yourself for the real world by hand flying it in fsx, you're in for a shock when you get in the real thing or even a level d. If he wants to focus on systems, whos to say his way is wrong? Since its not a game there can be no rules for playing!LOL.gif
Since it's a simulator, I forgot the epic comeback I was going to say. Lucky you.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

What version of FS was it that had the intro video with John and Martha King? You know, the one where he's flying through the middle of Manhattan and almost hits the Empire State Building?

Chris Hicks