Sign in to follow this  
blocks_off

Autobrake - Disarm

Hi All, So as per the FCOM another way to disengage the autobrake system is to move the speedbrake lever to the down detent. Guess what? Our 737 simulates just that! Similar things like this continue to impress me! Thanks Carl Beeby

Hi Jeff I first tried it to see if it behaved like this - I now find it usefull to get over the FSX limitation of having to hit the brakes twice to disengage! Carl

Why not just turn the autobrake knob to off ??

Because this will not disengage the autobrake system.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Yes it does. FCOM Vol 2 14.20:

Autobrake – Disarm The pilots may disarm the autobrake system by moving the selector switch to theOFF position.

Yup! My mistake. U're right!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Isn't the simplest way just to deploy the footbrakes? Your feet should be on them and keeping the spoilers deployed seems to be common practice. I often see the aircraft turning off the active with the speedbrakes still in their deployed position. Off to read the FCOM. EDIT: yes, the manual brakes trip the autobrake off on RTO or landing. Andrew

Isn't the simplest way just to deploy the footbrakes? Your feet should be on them and keeping the spoilers deployed seems to be common practice. I often see the aircraft turning off the active with the speedbrakes still in their deployed position.Off to read the FCOM. Andrew
I agree somehow the foot brake method would seem the most logical.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I agree - the foot brake method is the most logical. Was just amazing to see this relatively small detail of the autobrake system replicated in the sim! I'm sure there are lots more things to find! Carl

Yes, it is a real gold mine... I havde been reading through a real world FCOM and everything I have looked up in there works as it should in the NGX. Amazing stuff! Andrew