Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Are these bugs?

I am greatly enjoying this simulation. I remember a couple of threads back that someone said that you vertical speed couldn't be engaged after takeoff (I reproduced this in my sim- after engaging vertical speed, the plane slowly began pointing downwards as if it had no active vertical mode). I know it is completely incorrect to use this mode after takeoff, but I'm just curious that it may be a bug because I you press lvl change or vnav and then reengage vertical speed, it does work. Also, In another thread someone mentioned that the logo lights and recirculating fan still come on even after the cab/util switch is off. If this isn't simulated it's no problem at all, but, when I turn this switch off, there is less power draw as shown on the power checking power (I have now clue as to the real technical term of this panel) so maybe it is simulated and just a bug? I'm curious as to what real pilots or others that know more about this plane have to say.I also confirmed in the fcom that the cab/util powers the logo lights and recirc fans Amon other things.(sorry for any typos, I'm typing on phone).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

i fix this bug by recalibrating my joystick
The vertical speed one? Let me make clear that the autopilot does engage, the plane just seems to not follow a climb mode until I press lvl change orvnav and reengage vertical speed. I'm never going to use vertical speed after t/o, but maybe it ISA bug.

Alfredo Terrero

Can someone provide steps, pictures, or a video to the VS one? I've tried multiple times, and no matter what I do, the plane doesn't start descending.

Can someone provide steps, pictures, or a video to the VS one? I've tried multiple times, and no matter what I do, the plane doesn't start descending.
Let me try I'll post the steps.

Alfredo Terrero

The vertical speed one? Let me make clear that the autopilot does engage, the plane just seems to not follow a climb mode until I press lvl change orvnav and reengage vertical speed. I'm never going to use vertical speed after t/o, but maybe it ISA bug. yes the same thing happened to me calibrate the joystick and vs was accurate before a recalibrate it was even descending ... on TO

The vertical speed one? Let me make clear that the autopilot does engage, the plane just seems to not follow a climb mode until I press lvl change orvnav and reengage vertical speed. I'm never going to use vertical speed after t/o, but maybe it ISA bug. yes the same thing happened to me calibrate the joystick and vs was accuratebefore a recalibrate it was even descending ...on TO
I think it was just my joystick for some reason as you say. I recently had to reinstall the fsx, also the ngx obviously, and now can't reproduce it, so it probably was the joystick not calibrated causing the autopilot to disconnect maybe because it was making the aircraft untrimmed. Does anyone know about my other question?I also just started the engines with all fuel pumps off. Is this normal because I saved my panel state after doing a flight and there still was fuel to start?Edit: I think the plane was going into cws mode regarding the vertical speed, because I had no roll mode now and it went into cws and nose started pitching down, but I am flying with fuel pumps off?

Alfredo Terrero

Yes, the engines running with fuel pumps off is normal.

some one correct me if im wrong but i think there is gravity feed fuel reserve redondent systeme
Ahh yes, I think I heard of this before. But should this work on the ground? And I'm sorry I'm too lazy to pick of the fcoms. Yawn.gif Edit:Okay thanks for the help. I should trust pmdg more. Now the only thing left is the cab/util issue.

Alfredo Terrero