Sign in to follow this  
Dean19

Fan Blades Not Spinning!

I had to uninstall and reinstall the NGX after I messed up trying to resolve the livery manager issues. Then I downloaded some liveries and tried to install them. Had to delete all the old livery folders before I could install the new ones. Now the fan blades are not spinning at all on all my add on liveries. The engines are running but the fan blades are not moving at all. And also the fan cone looks like it's gone. But the PMDG house livery looks fine and spinning as it should. 2011-8-9_22-28-30-816.jpg Anyone have any idea on what could be wrong? Thanks

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Just reload the plane. It happens all the time. Even the Satcom antenna is added to your plane sometimes ;s

What scenery are you using?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Scenery is FlyTampa rebooted KTPA I just tried reloading at a different airport and all is working fine. Strange! Thanks for the suggestion.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

Did you switch from one livery to another of the same model? That will cause this. It's in the Intro Manual and this is actually the third thread about it in the past two days! Thinking.gif Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks for the suggestions. I exited out of FSX completely before each livery change. I did this 4 or 5 times loading different liveries and even threw in a system reboot but they were all still loading with idle fan blades. Only the PMDG House livery would load with the fans spinning. When I changed airport to KLAX the problem was gone and all liveries loaded fine. Will have to load up at KTPA again and investigate further. Edit: I just loaded up again at KTPA and all is fine...fan blades and cone working. The only thing I can think of is that it was raining heavy at KTPA when the fan blades were not working. When I load up in clear weather the fan blades work fine. Maybe the weather has something to do with it?

I don't think this has anything todo with it but nevertheless. When you deleted the old texture folders, did you delete texture.common texture.pmdg texture.vc? If you did, that could be your problem.

Looks to me that the blades are missing. there is no sign of the spinner cone.