Sign in to follow this  
rivermivida

Poor landing and exterior lights...!

For me (or for my imagination) the power of the lights is very low... Those pics are with ALL lights in the plane ON What do you think..? g1.jpgg2.jpg

We went through a lot of iterations of the external lighting with our technical team, many of whom are Boeing 737NG pilots. Originally, the aircraft had extremely bright lighting, but it was continually dimmed until it satisfied our tech team's real-world experience with the prototype aircraft.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

We went through a lot of iterations of the external lighting with our technical team, many of whom are Boeing 737NG pilots. Originally, the aircraft had extremely bright lighting, but it was continually dimmed until it satisfied our tech team's real-world experience with the prototype aircraft.
But from the VC, i can´t see the runway more than 30 foots ahead...is that correct?

It's very realistic in my opinion. People used to FS huuuuuge landing lights can be surprised how "dark" are they in real life :)

Not to mention the basic FS lighting will totally whitewash the runway...which never happens. Just think of how far back from the cockpit the lights actually are and how diiffused the lights get. You can use your vehicles higbeams for example, how far in front of your vehicle to they actually illuminate the roadway?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I LOVE those landing lights.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Yep, just another reason the NGX is going to be the only commercial plane I'm going to fly until the Dash 8 or 777, whichever comes first.I've had years and years with the LDS 767, but I think it's time to hang the hat...

Maybe it would help to dim your cockpit lighting like you see in the real world. I personally love the light effects and think they are realistic.

Yep, just another reason the NGX is going to be the only commercial plane I'm going to fly until the Dash 8 or 777, whichever comes first.I've had years and years with the LDS 767, but I think it's time to hang the hat...
I use the LDS 767, and others and I wont stop, but as far as general realism and solid attention to detail this blows them away. I guess the only product that comes relativly close would be the MD-11, but thats a different route type.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Not that this helps too much in flight sim, but you should turn off your interior lights to help you acclimate to the outside picture. Even in the sim, your brain is trying to pull in the picture from inside and outside, and the bright interior is adding extra features for it to process. It's just less drastic here. Turn off the lights in the room you're in while flying in the sim at night and you'll see a difference as well (but in this case, it's more an effect of less glare on the screen etc). The landing lights? They look fine to me.

Kyle Rodgers

If you have the Shockwave light software, I just found this a couple post back:light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Lightlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Lightlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Lightlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Lightlight.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//TaxiI know they are not for everyone but I have used them on most of my PMDG AC. He had a picture posted also.

:P Timothy Murphy

I agree with Jan Paul, letting your eye adjust in a dark or semi-dark room even for 30 minutes makes a difference. Try it and you will be surprised.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg