Sign in to follow this  
rivermivida

Poor landing and exterior lights...!

When I taxi in aircraft in FSX I usually turn the taxi light off half the time because it makes it difficult to see the taxi line ect.. Real world taxi and landing lights are not like they are in FSX. Look at some videos on youtube or night landings and taxi's you will see that it is more realistic then default FSX lights.

Indeed. Same thing (worse) with FS9. The more intense lights are, the more "painted" the surface seems, no actual illumination effect. Although the only time I saw a real illumination effect (or at least so it seemed to me) was when I tried the PMDG 747-400 with DirectX 10 enabled, but we all know the issues with it, so it's not a reliable option. Now, regarding the NGX's lights (judging by the pictures) lights look quite real. I, along with most people who is used to FS lights and never flew in real life, was surprised when I saw a video of a real aircraft at night and noticed the light range difference.

Remember that landing lights are not there so you can see your way around the airport....thats what taxiway lighting it for. Landing lights are there so other aircraft can see you on approach and departure.

If you have the Shockwave light software, I just found this a couple post back:light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Lightlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Lightlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Lightlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Lightlight.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//TaxiI know they are not for everyone but I have used them on most of my PMDG AC. He had a picture posted also.
Which Shockwave light software is compatible with the NGX??